Reload this Page >

Puerto Rico Hotel-Wind Chime Inn

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 12:57 PM
Pam

We are going to Puerto Rico in Jan. I am looking for a smaller Inn, rather than the large resorts. Has anyone ever stayed "At Wind Chimes Inn"? Pictures look nice. It is in Isle Verde location. I prefer a location close to activities and not isolated, also close to a beach. Any comments appreciated.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 01:13 PM
LIZ

Hi, guys..yes it is nice to occasionally stay at a small inn, when you just need a place to sleep. Wind chimes first of all in not in Isla Verde, its in the Condado area..It doesn't look very nice from the outside, but i imagine it must be nicer on the inside. <BR>I myself was about to stay there in Sept to save some dollars, but it turned out that I stayed with family instead.<BR>Good luck and have fun!!

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 03:08 PM
pam

Thanks Liz, Yes I would like to save some $$$. But of course,we want clean and safe. Over $300 per night is what the larger resorts are asking in that time frame. You say it doesn't look nice from the outside. Well you saw it up close and personal. I am only looking at pics on web site. Ho Hum, I think I will keep looking. Thanks again.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 03:56 PM
margie

Pam,<BR>We have also booked to stay at At the Wind chimes. They were super nice when we called. I read a few good reviews on them by doing a search (reviews/wind chimes). I think the reviews were on Trip Advisor. We haven't stayed there, yet, but I'm trusting these reviews. We're also planning on spending a night at the Water Club (which is in Isle Verde) but a bit more expensive.<BR>We're going in December so I can post an update after we stay.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 05:21 PM
Pam

Margie, oh that would be great. I would really appreciate it so much. That is also a good idea, to maybe split some time up between 2 different places. It is just my husband and myself, Please remember me when you return. I will look forward to hearing from you. I want to make these arrangements before they sell out and there is nothing available. I will check the reviews on the sites you mention also. Thanks.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 10:19 PM
margie

Pam,<BR><BR>Is [email protected] your email address? I can send you my email address and you can remind me to give you an update when we return...<BR>BTW, we're switching hotels mostly because we're also travelling to Culebra and Vieques, so figured we might as well stop some place else on the way back...

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 03:29 AM
pam

Margie, no this is not my real address. I hate spam so I avoid using it for that reason. If yours is real I would e-mail you my correct address directly. Our situation is that I purchased tickets for a wedding in Puerto Rico. The couple are not getting married now. I have these airline tickets all ready purchased. The airlines said we can use them at a later date, with restrictions, fees etc. So I either loose that money or reschedule. I am not sure about staying in the one place myself. It is a large Island and I would like to explore and visit maybe Ponce. My only concern at this time, is hotels seem to fill up rather quickly over there, especially winter months. If a solid commitment is not made, I don't want to end up with not a place to stay. So perhaps 3 nights at this Wind Chime Inn and them some place else. That way if it is not nice, 3 nights may be enough--who knows. Thanks.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 05:19 PM
margie

Pam,<BR><BR>Hi, it's not my email address either <BR><BR>fwiw we're staying 3 nights at the Wind Chimes then flying to culebra for two nights, then flying from culebra to vieques for two nights (for the bio-bay) then back to san juan (at the water club)<BR>i'll do my best to post when we get back

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 01:53 PM
pam

Hi Margie, sounds like fun. I will look forward to hearing from you when you return. Thanks.

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 04:02 PM
margie

Pam,<BR><BR>I promised to give you an update after we returned...<BR>Wind chimes was an OK hotel for $75/night, but not a GREAT hotel. The rooms were clean, but not very updated and not a great layout. The bathroom was VERY tiny. The pool was tiny. The BAR was great, though, and the staff were very friendly. It was at the end of Condado (not right in the middle of things). We saw some other rooms that were much bigger than ours, so your experience might be different. <BR>Feel free to ask any other questions -- we learned a lot on our trip !

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 03:02 AM
Hi

Margie:<BR>Did you really fly to Culebra and then to Vieques? Or did someone show you that the ferry was easier?

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 08:46 AM
jeri

Hi, We are going to Puerto Rico soon. We'll also spend some time in San Juan followed by 3 nites on Vieques. Do you think we need a car on Vieques? We are staying in Esperanza. We have already booked for the biobay trip - really looking forward to it. Any other advice would also be welcome.

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 11:50 AM
pam

Hi I have been waiting to hear from you Margie. WELL it doesn't sound like Wind Chime was very wonderful. I am only going to stay in San Juan for 2 nights. It sounds like for 2 nights it should be o.k. You sound as though the location is not very good. How was the closet beach? Do you recall what a cab ride would be to Old San Juan? Or could we take a bus? Also can we book a tour from the Wind Chime? For 2 days post cruise I suppose it will be o.k Thanks for remembering to post. Other than that how was your vacation? How were those Islands? Were they gorgeous and worth the trip to see them?

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 10:34 PM
margie

I'll try to answer all:<BR><BR>we really did fly from culebra to vieques. It is by FAR the easiest way; the ferry only goes to Fajardo, so it's a really long trip to ferry to fajardo and then to vieques. The flight was 10 minutes and $25. You're right; it probably would've been just as easy to ferry from fajardo to culebra or from vieques to fajardo, but it would've cost the same w/ car rental/transport to fajardo. Flying was really easy and quick (and entertaining).<BR><BR>You most likely need a car on vieques. I suppose if you're staying right at trade winds or bananas you could survive w/out; we weren't. It was also fun for us to see other parts of the island; it depends on how long you plan on staying there.<BR><BR>Wind Chimes people were super nice and could most likely arrange tours for you. The beaches by wind chimes were windy/had kinda rough surf. The beaches in Isla Verde were much nicer (based on our experience). For a couple nights the hotel would be FINE. There's definitely nothing wrong with it (and the staff are super nice). The bar there is great; the rooms just aren't very special. You can walk to a beach easily (and it's pretty) but you probably don't want to hang out there.<BR>I think the cabs to Old San Juan were $15? (i'm guessing). <BR><BR>Oh -- and the rest of the trip was fun! I'd definitely go back to Culebra in a heartbeat. The bio bay on vieques and the beaches there are quite nice, but i'd still pick culebra as my favorite spot in Puerto Rico.<BR>(sorry for the delayed reply -- must've got caught up in the holiday stuff!)<BR><BR>Have fun Pam &amp; Jeri!