opinions of Comfort Inn, Layton UT?

Old Mar 30th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opinions of Comfort Inn, Layton UT?

My DH & I may be spending 2 days in the Farmington Bay & areas north checking out waterfowl refuges & marshes. Layton seems like a more logical place to stay rather than Salt Lake City. Expedia brings up a Comfort Inn in Layton for $45/night. Anyone know if this place is a dive?

If it is, & I can't find a budget hotel up there, then plan B is the Homestead Suites in Mid-Valley (w/ a cpn, $38!) gotta like that, but then there's the drive north & back again...
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 05:50 AM

Hi Erika - check out www.tripadvisor.com for reviews of hotels - they are usually right on target. Have fun!
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Hi there-

I did - I always go to tripadvisor b/4 I make a move. But there's no reviews of this motel there. I HATE that!

Fortunately, there's this site, which has helped me a lot in planning this trip (ie, one place is nice but has noisy plumbing for example). I'm so happy I've found this site for sure!
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 08:29 PM

I don't know this hotel, but I know the area it is in - near a mall and several restaurants right off I-15. It's a fairly nice area. I googled it and found one review http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-350121-comfort_inn-i

Probably a better choice than the Homestead Suites because of your activities.
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Original Poster

Hi BarbaraS-
You're such a sweetie - I love having a spy/scout in the area! And thanks for digging up that link; I didn't think to google that as I usually just get tripadvisor links.

After I posted this question, I found the cheapest place yet: in Clearfield, there's a Super 8 that got 2 pretty decent reviews on TA (ie, "very clean", "nice for the price"). The price... $30.75 plus tax! I'll save that $15 for the booze on the plane!