Search

Provos Malcoms Beach

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Provos Malcoms Beach

Hi all, I was curious how bad the road is to Malcolms beach. Looking to rent a small car, but have read a SUV is in order. Also, how's the parking? Thanks.
Old May 7th, 2008, 04:48 PM
NM

The road is okay except for the area near the voltage towers (about 70% of the way there). In that area the road is sloped and very rough and uneven with little options to negotiate without 4-wheel and high-clearance. Other than that, the road is not bad. There is parking for about 20+ cars. Great beach! Don't miss it.
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:32 AM

when you pick up your small car tell them you will want to exchange it for a jeep for of your days. this should be no problem, althought they may choose the day they have one available. you should not actually need the 4-wheel just the clearance.
there are no services or shade.
take everything you may need - food, water - alot, tp, hats and t-shirts for shade.
this is a very nice beach and some good snorkeling. except for amanyara it's provo the way it used to look.
Old May 8th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help! Want to explore the best beaches and maybe make a picnic day out of it. You would think if the Amanyara is near it they would have it paved, or a least graded off! Oh well, I guess it wouldn't be off the beaten path then? Happy Travels.
Old May 11th, 2008, 04:24 PM

Just got back from Provo a few weeks ago. We rented what used to be a Jeep at one time but it was in horrible shape. We took the drive out to Malcolm's Beach and the drive itself wasn't too bad. I do have to say it was a letdown. Apart from being secluded, I really couldn't see what the big deal was with Malcolm's Beach. It's very rough and rocky in places. I also foolishly tried to walk to Amanyara's from the beach since we missed the turn off to the resort (it is not well signed). The security staff wouldn't let me in. So on the way back, we drove to Amanyara and after going through the security at the front gate, we were allowed to visit. (We had a drink and moved on). I am glad I got to see Amanyara and Malcolm's Beach but they are not the best parts of the island in my opinion. Enjoy whatever you decide to do! Provo was fantastic.