Reload this Page >

Provo hotels/resorts for June

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Maureen

We are deciding on where to stay. A concern of mine is postings I've read about vacations ruined by construction noise and dust. What is the situation now? We'll be going for a week in June. We want someplace for just the two of us, oceanfront. Coral Gardens, The Sands, Royal West Indies. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 03:44 PM
R. Pettit

Maureen,<BR> We returned from Coral Gardens on the 16th of this month after a one week stay. CG's is at the quiet part of Grace Bay away from Sand's and RWI's. There is no construction going on at CG, we truly enjoyed our week and had a great time. I'm sure you will not be disappointed; great rooms, beach, staff and restaurant (Coyaba).

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 10:01 AM
lori

we liked the little lunch restaurant a lot at Coral Gardens. When we had dinner at Coyoba there was a strong sewage smell that the staff said was emanating from the hotel's septic system. You might want to check that out somehow...

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 03:21 PM
kara

I would definatley stay at RWI's! We just moved in there for 3 months. This is our first week and so far it's been amazing. i dont think my e-mail is working so if you want to ask more just send a question back. RWI is on a very private part of the beach too. It's next to Club Med but not loud or overcrowded at all!

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 04:43 AM
Stoney

You are so lucky to be at th RWI for three months! We just got back from OCW for ten days and loved it. We are planning a trip for a week over Thanksgiving. My husband and I, and 3 children. 14, 13, and 9. I called RWI yesterday and they have a beachfront two bedroom for us and a studio next door. We ate at Mango Reef three night, and loved it and the property. However, I did not view the rooms. Can you tell me if the studio is close enough to the two bedroom unit. It does not have a door the connects directly. We would put my 14 year old in the studio to give us all space. They said it was right next door, but you do have to go outside to get there. Are the two doors close enough? Thanks for all updates that you can give on RWI, and have a great time.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 09:47 AM
kara

Your right, the studio is not connected to the 2 bedroom, but it is right next door. You sort of have to walk outside. There is a door and then inside that door you will have a door to the 2 bedroom and the studio.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Luisa

Hi Kara,<BR>I just tried to email you and it did not go through so i'll ask here. <BR>Hello,<BR>Just read your post on the forum and have lots of questions regarding this property. Wow, your staying there for three months that sounds very cool. That's what I call a vacation. We are actually going to Turks and Caicos in June and will be staying at the RWI. We are renting direct off the owner. It's a one bedroom end unit on the second floor. What kind of condo are you staying in? I have been hearing so much in the forums regarding construction and club med noise. Is this really a concern? We called the hotel and they said there may be some construction starting in June but far back from the building. Is the beach quiet? The RWI's webpage doesn't have too much information or pictures. The only drawback from renting with an owner is no maid service. We love maid service and emailed the resort to find out if we could arrange something and how much would it cost and nobody has responded. Do the pool and beach chairs have cushions? Some pictures I've seen they do but some don't. That would make my stay. It doesn't take much to please me..hehe! I'd love to hear everything you can tell me about the place. If you have some time please do get back to me with all the details...<BR>thanks<BR>Luisa

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 08:51 AM
Stoney

Kara, I agree with the previous poster. You may be there for three months, but this might have to be a working vacation for you. : ) You are our eyes and ears to the RWI. Thanks for the infor on the studio and two bedroom unit. I think we'll take it! When I was there last week and we had dinner several times at RWI, the noise from Club Med was not a bother. We heard some music when we walked from OCW on the beach but never heard it again during dinner or walking back to our place Do you hear any noise or music,Kara? Thanks.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 12:24 PM
kara

Hello!<BR>To answer your questions... no there is no construction going on right now... I have never heard any noise from Club Med except at around 5pm. Every night at 5pm there is a band that plays at Club med really close to the beach and I think the noise must carry on the water. I have never heard any noise at night.. the beach chairs do have cushions on them....the beach is very quiet... just going out for a swin now... I have my laptop on the beach with me! <BR>bye bye