Reload this Page >

pros and cons of Curacao

Search

pros and cons of Curacao

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 06:03 AM
anne

pros and cons of Curacao

There are SOOOOOOO many islands to choose from, and the research will be fun but time consuming.<BR>Any thoughts on a family of five going here.<BR>Those of you who have been here, what did you enjoy the most? or dislike?

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 03:23 PM
anne

still wondering!!!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 07:16 AM
sally

My husband and I went there in September and we had a nice time. I think it all depends on where you stay. From everything I read before we went,it looked like the Marriott was the place to go. We did stay there and we thought it was great.We liked the Seaquarium and the drive up Mt.Chrisofal was fun,make sure you bring water if you go.There aren't many Americans there,and you should change most of your money,we didn't and ran into trouble a few times.They say they have cleaned up the island but we still saw a lot of trash laying and blowing around,not everywhere tho.We rented a jeep and that was nice to get around in,we were able to see all of the island.The Hato Caves were interesting to see also.Fort Nassau was a nice place to eat,it's hard to picture but the oil refinery is very pretty all lit up at night.I hope this helps.

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 08:05 AM
Denise

There is no where else in the Caribbean quite like Curacao. The food is good with a dynamic choice of restaurants. Entering the city is either by stepping onto the ferry(free) or walking across the floating bridge. The weather was sunny every day that we were there. We agree with Sally that the Marriott is the perfect place to stay. Curacao offers something for everyone from the seaquarium to the shopping to the views from Fort Nassau.