Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP - Sandals Experience

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 06:13 AM
Angela

My fiance and I just returned from Sandals Royal Carribean in Jamaica about a month ago. <BR>We had some awful experiences. I got a couple of complimetary nights from them to compensate for some of our experiences. I don't want to return to the same resort;However I will have to go to one of the Sandals to take advantage of the complimentary nights. Can someone PLEASE let me know which one is the best. I have heard the Bahamas and St Lucia ones are nice. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 08:32 AM
fred

I have heard St. Lucia is excellent. <BR> <BR>You really should tell other travelers of your bad experience at the Sandals in Jamacia.

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 09:17 AM
Angela

Our experience was there was construction going on at the resort and we were not notified prior to booking. We paid extra for accomodations we did not get and could not get due to the resort being fully booked. We personally did not like the food. There were some other issues that Sandals has addressed for us in a timely manner. They have been very understanding.

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 09:12 AM
ohliz

Sandals Negril probably has the best beach and if you only have a couple of free nights, there are many, many small and large hotels nearby you could round out your week or two in. <BR> <BR Liz

Old Aug 25th, 2000, 05:03 AM
Anon

Sounds to me like Angela won't be happy anywhere.

Old Aug 29th, 2000, 08:42 AM
Angela

First of all if your ignorant comment had any validity you would have posted your name on the board. Secondly this is a board to help eachother not judge eachother. Maybe you should get yourself a life, so you could join in a discussion and not judge the participants. <BR>

Old Aug 29th, 2000, 10:40 AM
CHUCK

Sandals Dunn's River had really good food and really active and fun nightlife. <BR>The one in St. Lucia is possibly the best for everything overall, plus golf on the usual rough conditions of a Caribbean course. Good scuba diving, huge pool, beach can be rough. <BR>Bahamas is very different, more like a high priced spa with very little nightlife and with just okay food. And you need to watch the weather in the Bahamas (think Miami weather). <BR>Antiqua is also extremely nice and more on a laid back atmosphere. A fantastic beach (only Negril is better), good scuba, quite staff, and really nice food. <BR>No matter where you go, try to book a suite to insure all services will be avaiable to you when you want them.

Old Aug 29th, 2000, 12:57 PM
Angela

Thank you very much

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 07:42 AM
Josh M.

For those of you that have had good experiences at Sandals, how was the overall atmosphere? more specifically, was it personal or did you feel like one of many, many couples on their honeymoon? I'm looking for a lot of the features Sandals provides, but without the 'just another honeymoon couple' feel. Also, was it very crowded? <BR> <BR>Thanks!!! <BR> <BR>Josh M. <BR>[email protected]

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 10:06 PM
Laurie

Josh, <BR>If it's personal service you want try Sandals Halcyon in St. Lucia. We went there in May and just loved it. The resort is beautiful and quite perfect in my opinion. When we arrived we went to the grill to have a snack , Estelle, the cook introduced herself. The next day we went back and she remembered our names and asked where our husbands were also by name! For breakfast after the first day they knew we wanted no smoking and I wanted tea. Things like this are quite common at Halcyon.You also have the dining options at SSL, very good food there but much too crowded for our taste to stay there.

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 08:31 AM
Jane

<BR>If you have some complimentary nights at a Sandals, you could also use them at a Beaches resort. Beaches in Turks and Caicos is absolutely FANTASTIC!! There are 5 restaurants, food is excellent, and the service is great. The beach there is the best I have been to...and I have been to Negril and 12 other islands. It is our favorite place. My daughter and husband were there and loved it, and my son and his wife were there twice in 3 months. We all loved it. Yes, childen are allowed there, but there are kept separate. <BR>Jane

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 11:42 AM
Barb

My Husband and I have been to St. Lucia and Royal Carribean and we enjoyed both places. However we were at Beaches in Turks & Caicos and found it to be a very family oriented resort. Lots of Kids when we were there. We Love Turks & Caicos and would reccomend the island but not Beaches.

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 04:47 PM
Jane

<BR>Once again I am putting in a plug for Beaches, Turks and Caicos. I know 7 different couples who went there...all without kids...and thoroughly enjoyed the resort. <BR>We all were at many different Sandals...Antigua, Dunn's River, St. Lucia, Negril...and enjoyed Beaches in the Turks the best!

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 05:26 PM
Kim(IN)

Been to Sandal Negril and Royal Bahamian <BR>loved them both Negril beach is heaven. <BR>Bahamian food was better so it depends on what you are looking for.