please help a 55 year old romantic

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been to every website and forum and all I want now is to hear from the 45-60 year old person. I am looking for that special island where myself and my wife can relax for 7 days. I have been to Aruba-Cayman-Puerto Rico-Barbados-and Bahamas. On these islands I have been to the best and they don't meet my bill. Here is what I want on my romantic vacation:
1) beautiful beaches from 8:00A.M-4:00PM
2) I want a beautiful room to relax on a deck or patio with a few coctails and watch the ocean and the sunset
3) few great restaurants on this island.

Basically I want R & R with elegance-I want to be treated well. We like to lounge around in our room a lot-early morning and late afternoon-so a beautiful room with a great scene is beautiful. We like to dine out after a shower so good restaurants is a plus.
So now all I want hear from is from people who are my age-50-6o who wants to treat his wife like a princess. Give me some islands and hotels real quick
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 03:58 PM

Round Hill in Jamaica , also Jamaica Inn which is a bit more affordable than Round Hill . Incredible ! Faith
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 04:12 PM

Cap Juluca or Malliouhana are fabulous resorts on an island (Anguilla) that has 33+ world class beaches and nearly 80 restaurants (equally fabulous). Go to www.news.ai & click on the beaches, hotels and menu tabs at the top of the home page. Also caribbean-on-line (Anguilla forum) or www.anguillaforum.com (2 separate sites) have lots of info. Both resorts & the island meet your criteria perfectly.
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 05:39 PM

We are a couple in our 50's who have traveled to some of the islands you have mentioned but after going to Anguilla we would never go anywhere else in the Caribbean. It would definitely meet all the requirements you listed. The beaches are the best I have ever seen in the caribbean, the restaurants are wonderful (but expensive) and there are several luxurious hotel choices. We stayed at Cuisinart and are booking it again for the spring. The service was very attentive and friendly, the rooms were fabulous with great balconies and ocean views. The hotel was almost full but we were hard pressed to find more than a few people in any one spot. There were no lacks.
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 10:38 AM

estabanj69,
We just came back from Biras Creek , Virgin Gorda and it has everything you described. Except it is located on your own islands, you will not be able to go for dinner, but their restaurant is to die for - it is a member of Relais and Chataeaux, one of the few in Caribbean. www.biras.com
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 10:41 AM

Forgot to tell, most people in your (and our) age and very much in love with each other. Maybe 10-20% of younger couples.
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 11:38 AM

Anguilla fits the bill. Cap Juluca, Malliouhana! Mary is so right! Wonderful restaurants too!
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 12:22 PM

Pink Sands or Romora Bay on Harbour Island would both fit the bill. Pink Sands is right on the beach and accomodations are villas overlooking the beach and beautiful aqua/green/blue ocean.

Romora Bay also is very nice, accomodations are also villas tucked into some beautiful surroundings. It is located on the Harbour side of the island and a close walk to the beach. They do have a lovely deck/pool area and one of the best restaurants on island.

Pink Sands and Harbour Island were rated #1 by the Travel Channel last year.

Hope this helps have a GREAT TIME.

Old Dec 15th, 2004, 10:55 PM

Never been to Pink Sands, but... I read a report on this site not so long ago about quite a few families there, and children being very obnoxious... Maybe this was an exception, but..? I agree with previous posters that estebani's post has Anguilla written all over it!
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 05:32 AM

I think St. Barts would also fit the bill. We're planning on Le Toiny for our 25th anniversary.
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 10:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
My parents are in their 60's and have always loved Bermuda. It is a classy island with good restaurants, pretty atmosphere, friendly people. Elbow beach hotel has a gorgeous beach. The Reefs is a quiet small hotel. Bermuda is my mother's favorite place and about the only place she will get on a plane to go to. (I liked it too!)
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 12:10 PM

Yes, I love Bermuda too! Its a short flight from the east coast--was there in July and October. If you have never been to this island--add it to your list. Its a one and only unique little spot in the middle of the Atlantic. As this is not a winter spot, the best months to go are late May to late October!
Old Dec 16th, 2004, 12:51 PM

If you look into Bermuda, be sure to check into Cambridge Beaches. Reefs is great, too, as long your knees and heart are in good shape! Lots of aerobic exercise going up and down all those stairs, as it is built into a "cliff" sort of environment. Cambridge Beaches is very elegant and romantic, and they do participate in the dine-around plan, although we never wanted to leave the CB dining room!
I didn't suggest Bermuda earlier since it is not a winter get-away, and you seemed to want to put together something soon - maybe as a holiday gift?! You have a lucky wife. Best wishes to you both.

Old Dec 16th, 2004, 04:16 PM

I'm with Dreamer, try St. Barts. Another thing you might want to consider is a small villa rental since you like time in your room sounds like you'd enjoy a whole house, some with private pools. Check out some on www.gobeach.com
For Bermuda, the best is the Reefs.
Have a great trip wherever you go!
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 05:19 AM

Hello,
I too am a hopeless romantic, very much enjoy my hubands company, especially relaxing on the beach. I am 48 years old, and your 3 requests are very real to me! Mary and Penny are correct--but I narrow it down to Malliouhana because of your request for watching the sunset, I assume from the property. While I also LOVE CJ, if you want sunset from the property, this is definitly a wonderful choice!! You will have a fantastic time wherever you go because of your attitude and frame of mind--have a great trip, Carol
Old Jan 3rd, 2005, 01:57 PM

I agree with many posters that you have described Anguilla to a tee. Malli will get you the sunsets, but will also get you a long walk to the beach from most units. My wife and I stayed at CuisinArt in November and loved it. We wanted exactly what you described and it was a perfect choice.