Pink Sands vs Runaway Hill Club

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just received a rate quote of $425 (plus 20% tax) for Runaway Hill vs $635 for Pink Sands including breakfast and dinner. Any thoughts on best accomadations for the money. It appears as though Runaway has gone up quite a bit. (quotes are for a June vacation on Harbour Island). Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 07:52 AM

If the rates are for breakfast and dinner for two, the rates have not gone up all that much. Also is that for a villa or a room in the house?

Check to see if Miss Rica is still doing all the cooking, because she is the best chef on island.

Pink Sands is wonderful, a bit more upscale than Runaway, and the accomodations are all villas.

You also might check Romora Bay, which is also a lovey resort. The accomodations are also villas, and as the resort is on the harbour side of the island, the rates are a little lower.

The Rock House is also really nice and has gotten great reviews, and the prices there seem to be a little less than you were quoted as well.

The two additonal websites are www.therockhousebahamas.com and www.romorabay.com.

When I found Harbour Island in the early '80's it was a sleepy little island and Runaway was $50 a night. Things have sure changed. The island has been discovered as a little gem. It's still very laid back, but no longer the sleepy little island it once was.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! Rates quoted at runaway hill do not include meals. They are for a room in the building with a view and terrace. The villa was $450. This makes runaway hill pretty close in price to pink sands which is for a ocean front cottage. For the same price would you choose pink sands?
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 11:53 AM

For the same price, I would def. choose Pink Sands! Have fun~
Old Apr 23rd, 2005, 03:37 PM

Yes for that price I can no longer recommend Runaway Hill. It is just not worth it for those kind of prices.