picking a hotel in barbados

Jul 20th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

picking a hotel in barbados

Hello all!

Wanted to see if anyone could recommend a hotel in Barbados for our honeymoon. I've pretty much narrowed it down to either Coconut Creek or Turtle Beach Hotel. She likes the seclusion of Coconut Creek, but I like to be somewhat closer to Bridgetown. We'd like to stay in an A/I hotel, but want to venture out and try the local cuisine a few times during our week-long stay.

Any suggestions are welcome. If you can even recommend another hotel better suited for honeymooners, please do.

Thanks in advance!

Jul 20th, 2003, 11:35 AM

DO NOT waste your time on the AI on Barbados- there are so many GREAT restaurants on the Ocean ,very romantic feeling- and NOT expensive--

Try looking at the Bougainvilla Resort-and renting a car- WAY WAY cheaper and lots more fun to explore the island....

Unless you drink a ton and like BUFFETS and sort of OK service, I would steer clear of BOTH resorts you are looking at..

Turtle Beach has a strong current at the ocean--but the resort is nicer--Coconut Creek has a better beach...

Personally , I would stay at Bougainvilla resort:

http://www.bougainvillearesort.com/barbados.html

http://www.yay-caribbean-hotels.com/...istchurch.html
Jul 24th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice, Andy.

Of course, I'll have to see what she thinks, and if she will change her mind AGAIN about Carribbean v. South Pacific.
Jul 25th, 2003, 10:36 AM

I agree with the previous poster--don't do the all-inclusive thing on Barbados. I stayed at Bougainville and liked it a lot. There were several close restaurants (in St. Lawrence Gap) that I would recommend: Josef's, Pisces, Bellini's Trattoria, David's Place.

But if your question is Caribbean or South Pacific--there is no question in my mind. I went to Moorea and Tahiti for my honeymoon, and I've never seen a more beautiful island than Moorea. Highly recommended! We went to the South Pacific because we got married in late September and didn't want to chance the weather in the Caribbean with hurrican season. There is a heck of a price difference between the two places, though, and you really do get what you pay for.
Aug 6th, 2003, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice, fluff. We bit the bullet and decided to go to Tahiti, 5 nights in Moorea and 2 nights in Papeete.

Can't wait!

Search this Thread