Peters Island or Biras Creek

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are trying to decide between Peter Island and Biras Creek for our honeymoon. They both have many of the things we are looking for (romance, great food,water sports, somewhat secluded). Which one is nicer?
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 02:10 PM

Unforunately, I cannot offer direct help for your question, but I can recommend a website where someone has done a direct comparison between these two resorts and rated each for romance, privacy, snorkeling, food, etc. In addition to this comparison, she has also given full reviews with lots of photos of both Peter Island and Biras. Check out www.scubamom.com, then click on the icon for her Caribbean travels. From there you can read all of her terrific resort reviews.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 04:28 PM

I have personally stayed at both properties
and much preferred Biras Creek. The food
is outstanding, the staff excellent, and I understand that all rooms have been upgraded (I thought the original ones were
fine, and I was there only 2 years ago) and
a new spa is now available. Since you are
on your honeymoon, the seclusion of Biras
should not be an issue. I always felt Peter
Island verged on a bit of the commercial, and is not as restful/personal as Biras. The only benefit to Peter Island is that if you would want to go into Tortola to shop for a day, there is a free shuttle boat several times
a day from PI to Road Town. You should also note that unless you are staying at PI
for a week, you may not reserve the beachfront rooms, which are the best (right
on Deadman's Bay). The older 2-story units
facing the harbor are just not up to snuff IMO, and would definitely not be a fabulous
honeymoon choice of accommodations.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 05:21 PM

Both are excellent. I doubt that you could make a mistake in choosing either. I've stayed at Biras and visited Peter Island.
Some factors that may make a difference to you:
Biras has fewer guests providing an atmosphere that is excellent for romance and the get-away-from-it-all feeling. It is very quiet 24/7 except for the weekly barbeque on the beach. Peter Island, imo, is a bit less sedate that Biras.
In the end, though, after staying at many resorts in the BVI and other islands, my wife and I have concluded that we do not want to be a significant boat ride away from the local town and countryside, no matter how big or small the island. Both resorts gave us a bit of island fever due to being so isolated.
Nowadays we are much happier at a resort on Tortola that provides their guests with a cottage with a phenomenal view of the Sir Francis Drake Channel a beautiful porch some 60' above the sea and a full kitchen so that we can rule our own lives and not depend on the restaurant which we use when we want it.
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 09:14 PM

My travel agent - whose opinion I trust - loves Biras Creek and has been there several times. It is one of the places that she says she never gets bad reports from. I tried to book it last year but waited too late and the week I wanted was booked.