Peter Island or Little Dix Bay????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which is better for a 10th Anniversary trip - Peter Island or Little Dix Bay? I am looking for:
1. Nice accommodations on or close to the beach;
2. Natural beauty (beaches, resort grounds);
3. Great food;
4. Lots of activities (hiking, snorkeling, SCUBA, etc.); and
5. No kids - or at least very few.

Thanks.
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 05:49 AM
caribtraveler

From all of what you're interested in, I think Peter Island does fit the bill best. Did you see my Peter Island trip report with pictures [from October]?
We have not been to Little Dix Bay but we plan to. From all my research and people's other posts, that resort does seem to cater to families (so expect little ones running around).
We didn't take our toddler to Peter Island [seemed more couple-orientated and it was] but we do plan to take him to Little Dix Bay.
You didn't mention time of the year, so if it's school time when you're going, kids might not be an issue at Little Dix Bay.
Good luck.

Old Dec 20th, 2004, 09:33 AM

peter island is a GREAT place. Just returned 12/13-12/18/04 My wife and I have traveled all over the world and nothing compares. you basically have your own island. hiking and biking trails, great food and service. choice of watersports and the spa was spectacular. if want a place to yourself this is the place. I have heard that little dix bay can be too crowded. enjoy.
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 01:30 PM

Hi,

I've been to both--I stayed at Peter Island for a week, and just returned from Little Dix. I would definitely recommend Peter Island. I liked both, but there's something special about Peter Island. Additionally, the food at Little Dix wasn't great, and for the price they charge, it really should be. The beaches at Peter Island are really beautiful, the staff is friendly and extremely accommodating, and, they just opened a new spa....what more can you ask for?? If you have any specific questions, send me an email....
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 07:22 PM

We were considering Peter Island too. Tell me more about the beaches. Do they offer beach service (chairs/umbrella/water and someone who sets it all up for you?) Any food / beverage service on the beach? I also like the really clear, calm water. Will I find it there?
Old Dec 21st, 2004, 03:32 PM

Based on your criteria, another vote for Peter Island with these comments:

Peter Island is more expensive than Little Dix Bay, but you get a much better resort.

Peter Island Resort is just about all that is on the island, great for relaxation. Virgin Gorda, home of Little Dix Bay, has more to see, if you wanted to rent a car and tour the island or take their water taxi and visit other beaches.

In a nutshell, I think that Peter Island is best for relaxation and privacy, while LDB is better for activities and sightseeing.

Old Dec 27th, 2004, 04:22 PM

wife and i went to little dix twice, last three times to bvi went to peter. food, rooms nicer @ peter, fewer kids. staff is friedlier at peter, more reserved at little dix. main beachs are comparable, perhaps more protected at little dix. I've dove (dived?) with both, both have fine scuba operations. biking & hiking better at peter, exploring an island beter at little dix. more varied snokeling options at little dix.
you really can't go wrong with either!
happy anniversary..