Search

Passport to BVI?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 04:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passport to BVI?

We're heading to St. John and want to take a day trip to jost van dyke. I have a passport (but it's in my maiden name); if I only show my passport at customs, is that ok? Or do I need 2 forms of identity (my license is in my married name, so I didn't know if that would be a problem.)
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 04:42 AM

I only show my passport (its in my maiden name too) Have fun.
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 08:53 AM

I only use my passport going between USVI and BVI's. However, I would change my name asap upon return, b/c if you travel in the future to a spot where you need your passport to enter and it doesn't match the name on your airline ticket, I am thinking that could cause you some headache perhaps. But going between usvi and bvi I would think your passport is all you need.

So when showing ID in the airport, use your license which matches your airline ticket name. Otherwise, for the day trip, just bring your passport.
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 09:01 AM

Ok, gotm e thinking:
This is from the web site:
http://stthomas.wheretostay.com/

Beginning December 31, 2005, US citizens need a passport for all travel to and from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada.

U.S. citizens do not need a passport to enter but do require proof of citizenship to return back to the states. A passport or birth certificate with photo ID is sufficient. Canadian and European travelers need a valid passport

BUT this is from the www.state.gov web site:

he Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 requires that by January 1, 2008, travelers to and from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada have a passport or other secure, accepted document to enter or re-enter the United States. In order to facilitate the implementation of this requirement, the Administration is proposing to complete it in phases following a proposed timeline, which will be published in the Federal Register in the near future.

SO: Maybe St. Thomas has already phased this in, and I am thinking you are flying into St. T to get to St John???

Perhaps best to contact your passport office near you andn you can find it on www.state.gov and go under passports and look at all the links on the left.

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 09:07 AM

I always get my tickets in my maiden name because thats whats on my passport, so I never have a problem with it