Palm Island or LaSource, Grenada?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sold on Palm Island but am also considering LaSource in Grenanda and Kamalmae Cay in the Bahamas.......very confused. If you had to pick 1 of these 3, which would it be?? We are looking for a romantic getaway, relaxation but also like to take nice walks and exercise each day. We are foodies, so food has to be good. I like the idea of being right on the beach as you walk out your door at Palm Island. Thoughts? I have read reviews that it is very difficult to get a lounge chair at La Source. I don't want to have to deal with that if this is true. Palm Island sounds more relaxing....???
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 10:55 AM

We just returned from Palm Island (for our 2nd time)7 long days ago. Palm Island is something special. It has thousands of palm trees. Nice rooms and it is an upscale AI. There is a large beach that just curls right around when you're walking. If you are looking for the Caribbean's prime place to lay out in the sun, this is it. You want privacy, you've got it. You want to snorkel in the Tobago Cays? Go over on the Yannis and top it off with the rum punches/beer at the bar and enjoy a lunch onboard as you watch the giant turtles swim by. The view from your room varies depending on your room category but there is no such thing as a bad view there. The bartenders are all great and the rum drinks, ok, ALL of the drinks are good. Most of the food is amazing. My husband likes Carib beer and asked Chris (the GM) if he could have some. Chris went to another island and soon we saw the staff walking with carib beer to our suite and when we returned,our refrigerator was stocked with it. Eating at the heart is romantic. We walked arond the island this time and my husband just stopped when we got to the other side and said, "I feel like we've just been transported to Kauai. It does have that feel. And, unlike some resorts, you will have so much room on the beach that you will never hear anyone else's conversation. Palm Island is a must!
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much! Very helpful information. We are reserving a beachfront room. Any suggestions on which room is best for privacy and view? I think there are 20 beachfront rooms?
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 04:03 PM

The Palm Island - Read Desperate Voyage by John Caldwell
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 08:54 AM

Thanks Knowing for your thoughts! Palm Island is on our to do list too. Do you have any photos you can share by chance?
Old Feb 26th, 2011, 06:57 PM

Maj -
I think if you are talking the cottages, we did them the first time and were in cottage #18. We really liked it, even though it was further down. We enjoyed the privacy. Earlier this month, we were in the Seagrapes in #45. We enjoyed that as well, although the view wasn't quite as good.
Kelly, I wish I could do photo's for you. We are just not techies. If you look at Trip Advisor, there are a number of pics.
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 08:52 AM

For beachfront rooms, the higher the number, the farther away from the restaurant/bar area, and therefore, in my thinking, a better, more private location.