Little Dix or Biras Creek?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance and I are in the process of planning out honeymoon for next May and are having a tough time deciding between these two resorts.

We both love good, creative food.
We both love nature and the outdoors.
We are looking for a place with a good balance of privacy and opportunity to interact with other people.

We want to spoil ourselves a little but, but this won't take much!

Which of these two is better suited to accommodate these things? We're open to other suggestions too!
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 04:13 AM

Little Dix would be perfect for you. While it gives you the privacy you want it's very easy to go ff resort" to explore the rest of Virgin Gorda, sample locl restaurants, or take a ferry to neighboring islands for day trips. Biras Creek, while very nice, is accessible only by boat making it difficult to leave the resort.
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 09:49 AM

You can access Biras Creek by helicopter, as well.
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 11:43 AM

Palm Island in the Grenadines would be perfect for you! We were there in February and talked to several people who had been to Biras Creek. They liked Palm Island much better. I discovered that it is my idea of a perfect resort. It's located on a private island and is a beautiful beachfront property. A little more difficult to get to, but so worth it! The cottages blend harmoniously with the natural surroundings. You arrive on Union Island and a boat takes you over to Palm Island (1 mile). The General Manager greets you as well as his right hand person. They also have a bartender standing there with a tray of rum punch with the umbrella's and flower in them. They bring in a steel band, or a singer at night. The food was very good and there are people around if you want to interact, but it really is up to you how much or how little you do so.
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 11:59 AM

Depends on what you like. I've been to Palm Island and Biras Creek and Guana Island - all within the last 5 years.

I would choose Guana Island first, then Biras, then Palm Island. Just my opinion.
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 10:34 AM

My husband and I just got back from a week on Virgin Gorda. Stayed at Biras Creek which we liked very much. Quiet, not touristy, and away from any crowds. Rooms were modest for their rates, but I think you pay for the exclusivity, not the thread count on the sheets. Great service--staff was the best; and food was very good. Best part was probably the friendliness of the staff and it was nice to see many travelers who had been coming back for years. Probably not great for kids. We checked out Little Dix just to see the differences and really preferred Biras. Lots and lots of kids at little dix and it did not have the exclusivity of Biras. Biras is harder to get to; thus more private. Food not great at little dix.

Planning our next trip down to the Carribean; has anyone been to Palm island lately?
Old Mar 28th, 2010, 11:00 AM

There is no doubt you will find more children at Little Dix but if you select a week in early Nov. or very early Dec. the kid count should be low at LD. If you like riding a bike 1/3 of a mile to eat or to the nice but modest size beach then Biras creek may be of interest. The resort is quite spread out and in our youth walking 1/3 of a mile in the heat just to eat lunch often offerred at the beach in the heat was not fun. But if you are 30 something then it's not a problem. I would say you have a better chance of having more creative dinner meals at Biras though lunches were almost boring and breakfasts were good American buffet-style. In season at $1200 per day I think Biras should offer more but it keeps those rates to maintain exclusivity, I suppose.We were there in Dec.2006.
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 08:26 AM

Another place to consider would be Nisbet Plantation on Nevis. Great food at Nisbet, but also other dining options at Golden Rock and Monpelier to name a few. The island is smal and rather easily explored. There is a mountain to climb (or not), rain forests, and many beaches, although Nisbet is situated on a perfectly acceptable one, albeit on the windier, Atlantic side. Superlative and friendly service, better than most I have experienced in the Caribbean.