Search

North Caicos

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North Caicos

Would like any input or advice (weather, beaches, stores, restaurants, transportation, etc..) on staying in North Caicos for Oct. or Nov. of 2004. Property is Hollywood Beach Suites located on Hollywood Beach in Whitby.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 10:05 AM
JMM

I am not familiar with that property but I can tell you a little about North Caicos.
It is beyond quiet. Except for the beach (which is gorgeous) there is not much to do. The only restaurant I remember was at The Prospect of Whitby. There are probably a couple of stores for local people to get supplies at but I would be very surprised if there is much for tourists. In the Turks and Caicos - only 2 islands have ANY development - Provo (most developed) and Grand Turk (capital and some cruise ships dock there). To the best of my knowledge North Caicos has one resort Prospect of Whitby (which may have a new name now) and a couple of SMALL condo developments. The weather is usually pretty good in the T&C (75-85 not a lot of rain) - North Caicos gets a bit more rain than Provo (which is why there is some agriculture on North Caicos).
If you want a quiet beach oriented vacation this could be the spot for you. However if shopping and restaurant choices and nightlife are important, you will not be happy.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the response, it really did help because a quiet oriented place with hardly anyone around is exactly what I want just so long as the weather is warm.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 09:00 PM
swybs

JMM,

Can you please read my newly started post about Turks and Caicos and help me any way possible about information? I would greatly appreciate it, especially if you would provide close-by alternative locations to Beaches, where my friend is getting married in April 2004 but where I may not be able to afford to stay.

please email [email protected]

Old Jan 20th, 2004, 02:52 PM

Just returned from my second trip to T&C. Stayed out on North Caicos last year, Jim is correct about North Caicos being quiet, bring a book or two. One piece of advice....do not stay at Johanas Bed & Breakfast. If you have not left yet and need a scaned version of the island pocket map or other pieces of advice, let me know.
Old Dec 27th, 2004, 05:02 PM

Any experiences that you could share on trips or stays on North Caicos? We hear it's beautiful and very secluded but haven't seen much written about it on this chat board. Any input?
Old Feb 20th, 2005, 04:13 AM

Just returned from our stay at Hollywood Beach Suites. (02/05) The beaches of North Caicos are truly beautiful! You won't find any better anywhere. The suites were wonderful. French doors out to a screened porch which were 30 feet away from sparkling turquoise waters. Only complaints were that it was hard to find places to eat within walking distance. All restaurants in the area request 24 hr notice if you plan to dine with them. This is difficult with no phone and no mode of transportation. When arriving at one of the 2 hotels within walking distance at lunch, they appeared surprised to have patrons and unsure what they had to serve us. There is virtually nothing to do other than sunbathe or walk on the beach. The island is not developed enough yet for the common tourist seeking peace and quiet but still wanting a decent meal and perhaps something more to do that lay on the beach. If you want a desert island though, this is your ticket.