Reload this Page >

Point Grace for a long weekend from NY?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 08:42 AM
jackie

I would like to take a 4-5 day trip (my birthday) and was thinking about Pt. Grace. I don't want to spend the majority of that limited time in the airport and I am not sure about the frequency of direct flights (I think they only operate on Saturdays on American)<BR><BR>My other option is Bermuda, just because it is closer, but the weather in May might not be as good.<BR><BR>thanks

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Stoney

American flies direct everyday from JFK. The direct flights fill up fast, and may be more money. Point Grace is so worth going to for 4 of 5 days. You will be there for lunch on day one. Returning, the flight out is around 2:00pm. So you can have lunch by the pool before heading out. Don't rush to the Provo airport going home. It's close and so small and quick you'll have lots of time if you leave one hour before departure. Have a great time and Happy Birthday.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 07:19 AM
lori

we just spent a week at pt. grace and loved it. totally luxurious, everything you could want or need, gorgeous accomodations and beach. You'll love it. We couldn't get a direct flight down from NY (booked too late) but even with a stop we left at 6:30 AM and were there by 12:30 for lunch. On the way back, we got on the direct flight and it was a breeze.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 08:21 AM
stoney

Lori, How is the food at Point Grace? Trying to decide if our family of five, three kids, should stay at Point Grace, Sands, or Royal West Indies for Thanksgiving. We just got back from 10 days at Ocean Club West, which was great, but this time I want to step it up a notch or two! I tried to e-mail you directly, but was told you are not a member. Whatever that means. We walked throught Point Grace and looked at a menu. It looked very sophisticated. Is there basics for breakfast and lunch? Kid's menu? Thanks.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 03:52 AM
lori

The restaurants at Pt. Grace are very expensive. We ate breakfast out twice (at Sands (ok) and at Barefoot Cafe (very good) but otherwise shopped for food and prepared breakfast in the suite. Which was great, by the way...we had a beautiful terrace and I loved sitting out there in the morning (when it was cool). The kitchens have everything you need to cook. We had a couple of lunches at the hotel...burgers, salads (good but expensive! you could easily spend $100 for lunch). We went out once (to Ripples at coral gdns, when we went there snorkeling...great lunch) and cooked in (once the fish we caught that day). The kitchen at Point Grace gladly gave us some condiments we needed for cooking (garlic, etc.). Dinner at Pt. Grace was good, not great--we prefered some of the more casual places with the kids. We loved Pt. Grace and so did our kids (12 and 15). They totally hung out and relaxed and the amt of space and luxury of the accomodation made it all exceptionally easy and comfortable.<BR><BR>try emailing again if you have more questions.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 07:23 AM
stoney

Lori, I still can not get thru to you on aol. My note came back saying non-member!? Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for the food information at Point Grace. Can you also tell be if people gather for the complmentary drinks and canapes? Is snorkle equipment fee of charge? We will book a three bedroom Ocean Suite on 2nd floor. I think the view will still be good. Did they have self serve coffee set up anywhere? Did you brew in your room? Thanks again for your details. Robin P.S. you can e-mail me direct if you want.