Where to stay Turks and Caicos in early July

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Budget is $400 or less a night and prefer no all inclusive. 4 and 5 year old in tow! Calm beach is essential.
Thanks!
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 11:36 AM

Check out The Sands ( on Grace Bay) excellent for children, beautiful condos, recent renovation, excellent pool ! Easy walk for dining, onsite restaurant very good, shuttle to IGA grocery.
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

I did, thanks and they had a pretty good rate. Turks and Caicos Club is more but offers 6 and 7 night free. Have you heard of it? Somerset is running 700 which is just a bit too much. I appreciate your posts. We would like a nice pool since they boys are still little. How's the food around there? Can you tell me if it's a far drive to Caicos to see the stalagmites? Seems very intriguing. Thanks!
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 01:10 PM

Turks & Caicos Club is very nice BUT, the location of the Sands is much better for walking to dinner, etc . Restaurants nearby by would be Atlantic at West Bay Club..just ok but, they had just opened, Simba at T&C Club is fine , would not go back, ...will you rent a car? Plus, Sands pool is facing the ocean, T&C Club's small and in back of hotel. The Sands onsite restaurant is better than T&C Club's. Don't get me wrong T&C Club is beautiful-- on a very nice quiet stretch of beach, very deep and wide. Sands will mostly be families and other " playmates" . As far as The Somerset--that's my favorite but, you said $400 or under-- so I did not mention it. Stalagmites...not sure , where? You said Caicos..is it North Caicos, West, Middle--they are all seperate islands. I've been to North and Middle-beautiful boat ride over!
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 01:37 PM

another vote for The Sands-great winding pools for kids, kid friendly restaurant with music on thursday nights. sands has beach toys, and other families with kids.

Stalagmites are in Middle Caicos: requires either a ferry plus long car drive (rental) over causeway from North to Middle, or

I have never used them, but 5 Flamingos offers an excursion to Middle Caicos.