Nevis restaurants

May 19th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Original Poster

Nevis restaurants

Hi! Can anyone recommend any good restaurants on Nevis? Thanks!
May 19th, 2003, 11:43 PM

We stayed at Nisbet Plantation a few years ago and the restaurant there was great!
May 20th, 2003, 05:48 AM

Drive to the Golden Rock Inn for lunch and dinners. Also, definately have a sunset drink at Gallipot's. Their dinners as great too. Robert
May 20th, 2003, 10:09 AM

Depending on what kind of ambiance you are looking for....
there is Sunshines which is a restaurant on the beach next to the Four Seasons. The lobster is not to be believed. However, if you are looking for fancy, this is not it. Its in a shack/hut with wooden table overlooking the water. We walked over from the Four Seasons in bathing suits and cover-ups. Its incredible (food,scenery) but it depends on what you are looking for.
May 20th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

We are staying at the Four Seasons. I'm worried that the restaurants will be a little too stuffy for my husband and kids. Laid back with picnic tables is more our style. Thanks for the suggestions!!
May 20th, 2003, 11:19 AM

You will want to eat anywhere other than FS then!

We stayed there a few years ago and ate all over the island because it was a little too stuffy for us.

Sunshine's is good for seafood, Eddy's downtown or Tequila Sheila's in Cade's Bay are excellent. Cla Cha Del over toward FS has great local food. Oualie Beach is always good and right on the beach, Seafood Madness has good seafood and is in a neat little house - you eat on the screened in porch. For breakfast or lunch, Unella's downtown is excellent. (Her potato salad makes my mouth water just thinking about it.) There's a pizza place on the way to the Montpelier area which is quite good.

BUT, you guys will kick yourselves if you don't leave the kids at the resort at least once and go to Montpelier Plantation or The Hermitage for dinner. Oh so romantic and excellent food.

Have fun, and just ignore the people at the pool trying to "outdo" one another gt;
May 21st, 2003, 01:37 AM

It may be gone. In fact I think it is. But check to see if Bananas is still in business. My wife and I went there twice when we stayed at FS. The food was great and the view was the BEST!!
Really good drinks too! Have fun!
May 21st, 2003, 07:53 PM

Booby's beach bar is also great. Wonderful food, friendly owner, casual and fun atmosphere. Golden Rock for lunch their lobster sandwich is to die for. Oualie Beach nice as well. I could go on and on...
May 22nd, 2003, 10:43 AM

Hi,

Our favourite dinner of ALL time was at the Hermitage Plantation. Great food and ambiance. The hosts are really lovely. We also had good meals at Bananas and Sunshine's. Brekkie at Unella's is also recommended.