Nevis or North Caicos

Jan 9th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Nevis or North Caicos

HELP! We are three couples who have rented villas in tortola, virgin gorda, anguilla, and St Lucia and are having a very difficult time agreeing on this trip? Any advice? We like to snorkel, relax on the beach, and have a few rum cocktails at the local beach bar...
Jan 10th, 2009, 11:16 AM

North Caicos is very "remote and secluded" - not much to do on the island. The island is arid, flat and scrubby with little natural vegetation (similar to Anguilla in that respect.

Nevis is more like Virgin Gorda in size and topography but it is much more lush. It has nice, but not great beaches (like you found on Anguilla) but plenty of beach bars where you can go for your rum cocktail fix. Off-beach snorkeling is very limited and what there is is only fair at best on Nevis.
Jan 11th, 2009, 09:50 AM

Like RoamsAround said, North Caicos has very little in the ways of tourist services. The beaches are very secluded, but don't even include beach bars. Nevis has a little more action in that regard, but not much in the way of snorkelling.
Jan 12th, 2009, 09:40 AM

North Caicos is very quiet and would not compare it to Nevis for food and drinks. On North Caicos you provide your own beach bar and dinners. We loved it but it isn't for everyone.

Jan 12th, 2009, 10:27 AM

I've been to North Caicos, but not Nevis. There aren't any beach bars that I know of on North Caicos. You can snorkel, fish, enjoy the beach, and take a trip to Middle Caicos for the caves. That's really about it. It's not very developed for tourism, and not many people. Maybe you are thinking of the island of Provo in the Turks and Caicos. It is more developed for tourism with more to do.
Jan 13th, 2009, 12:35 PM

Stop advertising, PaxVilla.

And I really don't appreciate you spamming my personal email.

Sending to the editors.