Search

Nevis FS Beach

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nevis FS Beach

I've read some mixed comments about the beach at the FS Nevis, such as people complaining that it is not as nice as some of the typical smooth white sand beaches elsewhere in the Caribbean. Can anyone who's been there set the record straight for me?
Thank you very much.
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 12:07 AM

Ok......(we were there 2 yrs ago) Though the beach is lovely, it only rates a 7-8 in my book. It's long and super for walking. (at least an hour if you walk both directions and back) It is clean, smooth and lined with palms and such as well. On the down side, it's a volcanic beach...meaning it is more brown and "mudding" looking than white or pink sand. The water at the shore thus is not as blue either.
Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful beach and NFS is a great property. It's just different that's all. Have fun!
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Sunnyboy

I've been there many times and michaelpl's post is very accurate. If you are looking for a white sand beach and torquoise water you are apt to be disappointed. If on the other hand you want to see a wide expanse of golden brown beach lined with coconut palms that stretches for several miles with hardly anyone on it then Nevis and the Four Season Resort will fill the bill very nicely. The resort itself is top notch.

Old Nov 11th, 2003, 06:17 AM

I also agree with the previous posts on the FS beach.
For me, getting the pampering by the beach staff at FS made the beach there idyllic
But, as already mentioned, the sand is on the brown side, and as a result, the water is a darker blue.
I found it particularly beautiful because I had never stayed at a place with so many gorgeous mature palms on the property right up to the edge of the beach. It makes for a pleasant shady walk from the rooms and a lovly stroll around the property.
The best beaches are on Anguilla and Provo in the TCI in my opinion.
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 08:01 AM

The fact about beaches is that volcanic islands do not have the white and pink sand beaches of non-volcanic islands. Some places truck in white sand to lay over the top of the darker volcanic sand because most people prefer white sand to darker sand.

Well, you can't have both things. You have to choose.

The trade-off is that the topography of volcanic islands is much more stunning than non-volcanic islands. So, choose which you prefer: nicer sand or a lusher island.
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 01:04 PM

Here's a best kept secret. On the way to 4 Seasons, a short distance from the airport, you'll see, if you really look hard enough, a wooden and hand-painted roadside sign entitled, "Lover's Beach." It will be on the right hand side, heading toward 4S's. A rough, chuckholed road takes you through a short palm forest to the beach. It's deserted, pristine, protected and has a great view of the adjacent islands. Robert
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 10:29 PM

We stayed at four seasons Nevis in late Sept/early Ect. Must have been the right time for clear, blue water. The sand was golden and beautiful too. The water was turquoise and turned different colors throughout the day- more greenish color around 3pm- reflecting the very green & lush Mt. Nevis. Around sunset the water looked powder blue. It was truly amazing and again- see through to the bottom in 5 feet of water clear and blue. I was concerned about the sand and water before I went, and was very, very pleasantly surprised. I have some digital pictures of the beach and water and would be willing to email them to you- just let me know what your address is.

Jean
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Jean--
Thank you so much for your help. We'd love to see the pictures. Email address is [email protected]
Thanks again.

Andy
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 08:52 PM

Andy, I just sent the Nevis pictures over, after a few times of my message not going through since there was too much data to send over. Let me know if you do not get them and I will resend each one individually.

J
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 04:13 PM

Jean,
I would love to see your beach pictures as well, as my husband and I are considering the FS Nevis for our 10th anniversary next year. I had been wondering about the sand and water too. Thanks! [email protected]
Tonia
Old Nov 23rd, 2003, 01:26 PM

Hi

I would LOVE to see the pictures as well if possible

thanks
Ruby
[email protected]
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 07:37 PM

Uni2 - would you mind emailing me those pics of the beach too -- my fiance and i are thinking of going to FS Nevis and are curious about the beach. Thanks so much.

Rocky [email protected]
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 08:40 PM

Rocky,

I just sent them to you, but the message came back to me- email address or maybe a glitch elsewhere over the internet. I'll try a gain in a day or two...

Old Dec 19th, 2003, 02:43 AM

Why don't you post the photos on shutterfly? Its free, and then we could all see them!
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 05:20 PM

can you post directions?