Search

Nevis...anyone ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nevis...anyone ?

As some regular readers may recall, I was scheduled to travel to Nevis for the month of February.

I forfeited my deposit on the villa, but still have a non-refundable AA ticket;-) which will become *non-usable* on 7/11.

So... I have booked at Nisbet for 7/10 through 7/24. Some great summer offers and dining upgrades helped in my choice of Nisbet.

I just thought I would post my plans in case any *Fodorites* might be traveling to Nevis at that time.

I'd love to have a Killer Bee (with the *proper* grated nutmeg) at Sunshine's...my treat, of course

Marion
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 01:20 PM

Marion, I'm glad you'll finally experience the warmth that is Nevis. While you may not fall in love with it like you did with TB, it's a truly lovely piece of paradise.

And I love that you don't do anything half-heartedly. In this case, why go for 1 week if you can go for 2, right? And why rent a villa for 2 weeks if you can go for 5? I definitely like your travel style! Your being at Nisbet is reason enough for me to try to find a way to get back to Nevis for part of that time. We can take turns buying rounds of Killer Bees.
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Hi EJ,

Yes, two weeks seems appropriate ;-) My daughter is being married at "a gala affair" in Boston on 7/8. I think it will take me at least 1 week to recover from the stress of this wedding.

Do you think the judge in bankruptcy court will understand my reasoning ?

Maybe I'll perfect the recipe for a Killer Bee before my court apprearance. If not, maybe you'll smuggle some in for me ;-) !

Marion
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 05:48 PM

Marion:

Why aren't you going to stay at the villa?
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 04:53 AM

A gala affair in Boston, no less? You'll definitely need a lot of time to recover. Couldn't talk her into eloping to the Caribbean, eh?

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Yes, EJ,a " gala affair" (borrowing that line from the Divine Miss Midler ) My daughter had promised something whimsical and fun here in K'port. Unfortunately, her GRRRRoom had something else in mind.

MAH, after being spoiled at staffed villas in Jamaica, I'm a little wary of being completely on my own when visiting a new location for the first time. My thought is to explore and really decide IF I would ever drive there. Sometimes I'm not as independent as I think I am ;-)

Marion
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 04:18 PM

Marion - congratulations on your DD's upcoming wedding, Have you bought your 'frock'?

Nisbet looks wonderful and a bargain for what you get, I am so tempted!!!

We don't have any travel plans yet this year, I was hoping to take my son on vacation over Easter but it looks as though work will interfere with those plans

You are sooooo lucky.
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 04:30 AM

Marion It's been a while but absolutely loved Nisbet Beach. The island is quiet and peaceful. Locals were very friendly and accommodating. There is a great deal of history to this island. Has always been one of my favorite stops with WJ.
Sandy
Old Mar 11th, 2006, 01:22 PM

I'm sure you'll find some forum members at www.myislands.myeyez.net or www.islandimage.com in Nevis during your stay....
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 10:02 AM
cw

Marion,

I just returned from Nevis. I was greatly impressed with the genuine warmth and friendliness of the people there. We did go to Nesbit Beach and ate at the beach bar. The property looks lovely.

I think you will find driving etc. on your own to be easy and stress free. Although I was not traveling alone, I did take the car and go off by myself to do a bit of shopping in town, and I did a lot of the driving when we were out.

Driving was easy, most of the island road in very good shape (go counter-clockwise from Nesbit), and the other drivers polite and no one seemed to be in a great big hurry.

Sounds like the perfect place to unwind after your "gala"!

cw