Search

Nettie's?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 11:42 AM
ryan

Nettie's?

anyone heard anything about this eco-resort on great abaco?

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Robert

Ryan;<BR>There's a Netties pub, a run-down tavern on one of Abaco's cays, and Nettie originated and founded the Goombay Smash. Many Spy and suspense novels mentioned Nettie in them. I guess authors get around. You must mean the Differnt of Abaco, a resort which has fishing and non-fishing packages, which vary from roughly $200 to $600 per night. It's in a relatively remote section of southern Abaco, with a fresh water lake on one side, and the Sea of Abaco on the other. If you're into snorkeling, hiking and birdwatching; it's for you. it's by Abaco's marls, and bonefishing is good...very good in the area. Many pink flamingos frequent the lake. The beach is usually deserted or maybe a handful of people on its 8-mile stretch of talcum sand. You can dine in or outside, and the food served is rich Bahamian. If you want Banana boats, crowds, TV, and scheduled entertainment; it's not for you. Nice hiking trails, snorkeling and relating to nature. They offer massage and spa extras(I'm not into that). If you like nature, you'll enjoy yourself. I've been through Different of Abaco and even snorkeled in the reefs off the beach. Saw fascinating reef fish and reef critters amongst the coral. Robert

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Robert

To not confuse you, Different of Abaco is managed by a lady named "Nettie." It must be the eco-resort you mean. In the out islands, everyone's seems to be related! Nettie is fairly common name there, but Nettie does own and manage this eco resort...must be the one you're talking about. Hope this helps. Robert

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Stef

Robert; Is different of abaco Netties? Please advise. Stef

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 04:27 AM
Robert

Stef: Nettie is the name of the owner and manager of Different of Abaco. There is also a Nettie's pub on one of the outer cays along Abaco's eastern shores called Nettie's, which is also owned by a Bahamian lady named Nettie. if they are the same person, I do not know. The Different of Abaco, which I believe Ryan is inquiring about, is plush and remote, with Spa-like atmosphere. It is definately an eco-resort. Robert