Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling

Old Sep 17th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Fiji Resort for Shore Snorkeling

We want to go to Fiji and snorkel right from the beach. Where do you suggest we go?
Old Sep 21st, 2017, 12:56 AM

Snorkeling is one of our main reasons for going to Fiji.
Personally the best snorkelling is found on the islands - Mamanucas, Yasawas groups or Vanua Levu - likes of Koro Resort, Jacques Cousteau - this involves extra travelling via plane to the north.
Generally we will snorkel right around an island to find the best spots not just go where everyone else goes.
Old Sep 25th, 2017, 09:47 PM

Yasawa's for sure! Depends on budget but my faves are: paradise cove, Vomo (very expensive but worth it) & Blue Lagoon. The area is beautiful and you can combine a 3 night Island stay with a mainland stay (Coral Coast or Denerau) if you do the Yasawa's I would boat transfer one way and seaplane return for a bucketlist experience!
Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 02:59 AM

Yes fiji is most atraction for snorkelling the Mamanuca Islands and the snorkeling was excellent. Many of the smaller islands are on reefs that are not swimmable at low tide, but Matamanoa's is readily accessible most times of the day, plus has a healthy reef system with TONS of fish, shark, invertebrates. We saw octopi (they were hard to find) cuttlefish, baby shark, reef shark, a ray, live cowries and other mollusks and even a free swimming crinoid, which was a first for me. The water was clear and warm and full of soft corals of many colors.