Negril -- tours and excursions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've enjoyed so much reading all the wonderful information about Jamaica (Negril specifically). We had this trip scheduled for Feb 2006, but plans fell through and we went to cooking school in Mexico instead (great trip btw). So, we've finally booked our tickets and made hotel reservations for June!

We will split our time between Idle Awhile (4 nights) and The Caves (3 nights). Chose Idle Awhile mostly because of reviews here and seems well located. I'm still having a bit of sticker shock with The Caves (even though we booked the least expensive room!), but I think it should be a nice choice for us.

We're early 30s mainly looking for relaxation and good food, but I'm also interested in experiencing a little history/culture. I've been reading a great deal on here and seen many great ideas about possible excursions -- just thought I'd see if anyone wanted to comment on anything a little different or off the beaten path.

Also, we aren't particularly interested in deep sea fishing, but wonder if there are other fishing opportunities.

Finally, has anyone ever rented ATVs or mopeds in Negril? Would you like to share your experience and what you did?

Thanks so much!

Chandra
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 04:32 AM

I am glad you were able to reschedule your trip to Negril....it will not disappoint!

As far as fishing goes, there is a gentleman by the name of Leon "Duke" Smith who takes guests out to troll for fish the traditional way. He comes highly recommended and can be contacted through the water sports desk at the Treehouse Resort (on Negril beach). A 3-hour fishing trip costs around $50, plus tip.
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Caribbean Soul -- that sounds like just what we're looking for! Thanks so much!
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 10:49 AM

We are headed to the caves next week for 4 nights, so I will let you know if it is worth it. Everyone says that you don't want to leave the resort at all because it is so amazing....we will see as I have not planned any excursions.
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

beachbum2 -- I'm hoping we don't want to leave the resort since we've spent the majority of our budget on the room -- lol! Seriously, can't wait to hear your trip report!