Negril Gardens or Point Village?

Oct 1st, 2007, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Negril Gardens or Point Village?

I am cashing in some airmiles and so am limited between Negril Gardens or Point Village. Can anyone advise on the pros and cons of each? Thanks.
Oct 2nd, 2007, 06:09 AM

Negril Gardens is a nice but small all-inclusive. The rooms are pretty basic, and there's just one restaurant. Not all the rooms are on the beach, so keep that in mind. It's on a nice stretch of beach. You could probably walk to Kuyaba from there, but I don't think it's near much elase. It's a bit further south than the large concentration of properties and restaurants in the middle of Negril Beach.

Point Village rooms are more apartment-like, and have kitchens, but the resort still has a mealplan and restaurants. But it's at the Bloody Bay end of Negril, so there's not much you can walk to (it's right between Hedonism and Grand Lido). There are more restaurant options on the resort than at Negril Gardens. If I recall, the beaches here are kind of small.
Oct 2nd, 2007, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Doug. I'm not a big A-I fan and would hope to eat most evening meals offsite. We don't need fancy rooms but we are beach fans so I am leaning towards Negril Gardens. Are there lots of taxis around to take us to restaurants? My younger daughter is a musician and would like to see alot of live band entertainment. Any recommendations?
Oct 3rd, 2007, 06:20 AM

It's not usually a problem to get a taxi in Negril, so I don't think that should be a concern, but I'm confused about why you'd go to an all-inclusive resort if you don't want to eat there. You're spending a lot of miles for something you're not going to use. Isn't there a non-AI property you can get?
Oct 10th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

These are the only two choices I have if I want to use my airmiles. I tried just booking flights so I could book accommodations myself separately but the dates I want are not available.
Oct 10th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

If I use a different card, I could book the Legends Beach Resort either as A-I or not, which apparently has a shuttle to another resort. Do you know anything about this one? Thanks, again.
Oct 19th, 2007, 01:49 PM

Having been to Negril many times, I would recommend Negril Gardens...ask for a beachside room if possible (as there are rooms across the street from the beach- pool is on that side). I used this hotel for some friends stay a few years ago (I am a travel agent) and they enjoyed the place. I think it's in a good location to be able to get "out and about" and don't worry about cabs too much (unless you want to go to the "cliffs" area- which I definitly recommend- LTU Pub-)you can walk to alot of restaurants on the beach. Check out Alfreds and Bourbon Beach for some local reggae music on the beach- both are walkable from Negril Gardens...they also have good food available at both places too. Little info on Point Village- it not in walking distance of anything and the beach there is small and rocky in areas. Walking on the beach at night is ok too- just a FYI- I am 5'4 100 lbs and have mostly been in Negril on girls trips and we have walked to both places from our resort which is much further away....just use common sense and stay together. Have a great time in Negril!!