5 women looking for a good time in Jamaica

Sep 26th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

5 women looking for a good time in Jamaica

hey guys- I have used this board so many times and it is so helpful! I would like to plan a trip in Feb. with my girlfriends (all mid twenties). None of us have been and we are looking for a somewhat budget resort (preferably all-inclusive) in a nice area where we can enjoy the nightlife and the beautiful beaches. Should we stick to Montego Bay? If so, any recommendations?
Sep 27th, 2005, 05:47 AM
mm

An inexpensive alternative right on Negril Beach is Negril Gardens. It is an all-inclusive with decent food (all meals are buffet) good rooms w/AC, cable TV, outside porches with furnishings.

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

YOu are right on the beach so you'll have access to dozens of clubs and restaurants.

You might also run into some Spring Breakers but I think Feb is a little early for that.

Anyway, for the budget minded persons who enjoy good food but not necessarily gourmet fare, Negril Gardens is a good choice.

mm
Oct 10th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the recommendation- Anyone else?
Oct 10th, 2005, 08:00 AM

I would avoid Montego Bay if possible...I have been to Jamaica many times and always stay in Negril. It's about 1 1/2 hour drive from MB airport. The 7 mile beach is beautiful and there are lots of partying opportunities. I have never stayed in an all-inclusive, but the more expensive ones are quite a walk to the busier part of the beach. You should check out negril.com. They have a lot of information there and an active forum. Lori
Oct 10th, 2005, 08:17 AM

definitely negril....a lot of nightlife within an easy walk or short cab ride...there is live music at a different location every nite

budget AI

negril gardens as mentioned also merrill's there are three properties...i would recommend merrill's II
Oct 10th, 2005, 09:52 AM

Take a look at www.negrilonestop.com , click on resorts ( beach or cliffs ) and you have a great idea where hotels are located as well as great photos of the hotels ..... Country Country looks like a nice spot for you !!
Oct 11th, 2005, 01:34 AM

Skip MoBay--head for Negril where beach and nightlife are far better. Outside the obvious package-places like RIU where you'll find deals, look into:
1) Idle-A-While -- an oasis of calm
--not AI, but part of the fun of Negril is dining around...
2) Jackie's on the Reef -- a small small hotel where 5 women can easily chill out together..
3) Blue Cove Castle
4) Coco La Palm
see www.negril.com for reviews as well as www.tripadvisor.com