Search

Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some advice

I am not familiar with the caribbean islands. We did spent our honeymoon in Jamaica and enjoyed it quite a bit. We are now traveling with a 10 mos old and would like to vacation for a week in late may/early june. We love the beach. I really don't want to island hop with the baby. I also don't want an extremely long flight. We were possibly thinking the bahamas? Should we go resort of private villa? Thanks in advance?

Any suggestions would be great.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 09:05 AM

With a baby I would suggest a beach condo with a kitchen on an island where there are quality US style supermarkets (for baby supplies, baby food etc).

The Cayman Islands would definitely fit the bill, plus they are definitely "Close to Home" both geographically and in terms of being a comfortable choice for the visitor from the US.

Suggest research on www.caymanislands.ky for more information.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 09:54 AM

Where are you flying from?
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

We are flying out of Lexington, KY. I would like to use my Delta Skymiles for the flight.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 11:16 AM

Have you checked flight availability with Delta yet? You may have trouble finding any award seats at this point unless you're willing to spend twice the miles for SkyChoice awards.
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 03:13 PM

GC is very nice but compared to Jamaica you will find it quite expensive to eat out. I see your point about a short flight. The difference in cabin pressure can be pretty tough for a 10 mo. old. I am a big fan of Aruba though in your case the flight time may be too long. Actually the Bahamas seems like a good choice. Good luck, Larry
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 03:27 PM

Did you not want to do Jamaica again? Negril might be nice. We are going in late May & staying at Beaches Negril. They have nannies for people with young children. It is set up for families & is all inclusive. Another idea is Moon Dance Villas in Negril. My sis-in-law went there with her 2 small children & raved about it. You get a villa with your own cook, bartender & housekeeping. She paid extra for the all inclusive. The villa staff would watch her kids while she walked on the beach. She said it was a wonderful place. No organized resort activities (they do have the normal stuff included) but there are things to do.

Have fun wherever you go.