Do I have enough time to make my connection?

Dec 29th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Do I have enough time to make my connection?

In February, we will be travelling from OKC to Montego Bay, via Cincinnati, Ohio (CVG), and Atlanta, GA (seems crazy to me!) Anyway, we have 55 minutes to make our connecting flight in CVG. Is this enough time? We've never been through this airport and it worries me to have so little time. If anyone can tell me how big this airport is I would appreciate it. I've looked at an airport diagram, and it doesn't seem too big, but then again, the ATL airport diagram doesn't look that big either. ha! We're flying on Delta.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Dec 29th, 2003, 01:49 PM

Assuming you are able bodied and mobile, that should be enough time, but try to get seats towards the front of your originating flight to reduce deplaning time in CVG. CVG is my favorite DL hub - it's easy to get around; nothing like ATL. Most DL flights are on two concourses (I forget the letters), but it's easy to get between the two and doesn't take long (unlike ATL). The main concourse has moving sidewalks throughout which makes walking from one end to the other faster.
Dec 29th, 2003, 02:02 PM
mjz

I'm a frequent flyer on Delta and use their CVG hub about every 3 weeks. 55 minutes is more than enough time as I feel CVG is an easy airport to navigate. In fact, last fall I flew from London Gatwick to CVG with a 35 minute layover for my connecting flight to MCI and had no problems at all.

Just curious, why is Delta routing you thru CVG and ATL to get to Jamaica? If you're using miles, check with Delta between now and your departure to see if they can route you from OKC to ATL and then onto Jamaica. They continually open more award seats as the departure nears. This sure would save you time as I know you will be anxious to hit the beach!
Dec 29th, 2003, 06:42 PM

55 minutes is a plenty of time for connecting with your domestic flight to Atlanta assuming your flight arrives on time in CVG and there is no snow storm. Unfortunately, it could happen in February in Ohio. Good luck!
Dec 30th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I feel better knowing that it's doable, assuming good weather

Purplegoose, yes, we are able bodied and mobile and our seats on the originating flight are on row 5 (it's only a 13 seater to begin with) so we should be fine there.

MJZ, I'm not sure why we're being routed through CVG, we're not flying on FF miles. We booked our trip through discount-all-inclusive.com, so maybe that's why. Do you think we could still call DL and try and get directly to ATL even though we didin't book with them?

Thanks again. I really appreciate the help I get from this forum.
Dec 30th, 2003, 08:19 AM

No, Delta will not/can't change your ticket. Discount-all-inclusive.com wrote the ticket and they're the only ones that could change it for you, if they chose to do so. I would not count on it.
Sorry, can't help you with CVG connection time.
Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:18 AM

Seeing as how it is a domestic flight, most definitely.