Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

need input on a few great inns/villas in jamaica, which offers AI

Jan 17th, 2003, 05:44 AM
love to go

I have been searching and researching, there are so many beautiful places, I cannot decide! Looking for beautiful sandy calm beach, AI, not a HUGE resort, preferably little or no kids, and a room close or right on beach, with a true ocean view! Thanks again

Jan 17th, 2003, 06:23 AM
in common

I was looking for the same thing you are, and found a little in in Negril, directly on the beach owned by a french/jamaican family. Check out charela.com

Jan 17th, 2003, 06:30 AM
LOVE TO GO

Thanks, in common, I will check it out!

Jan 17th, 2003, 07:38 AM
gingele

Don't know your budget, but look at the smaller villas at moondance villas in negril. amazing property and they offer an a/i option (though in negril i cant imagine NOT eating out at least a few evenings - you'd go all that way and actually miss the jerk chicken at 3 Dives??? what a shame!).

www.moondancevillas.com

happy travels

Jan 17th, 2003, 07:52 AM
andrea

I have agree with in common's suggestion on Charela Inn. Wonderful, Wonderful place!

Jan 17th, 2003, 07:57 AM
ski-mmie

i've been to beaches royal plantation its very nice, upscale...no kids...small not much to do, but you can go to any other sandals/beaches and use their facilities, but nobody can come to yours...its very nice.

Jan 17th, 2003, 01:24 PM
xx

We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Montego Bay and enjoyed a WONDERFUL week's vacation. I am not a fan of AI but as it was the R-C we just went for it and were not disappointed. The food was unexpectedly varied and delightful (even room service [which was included] was quite good. Our room (a suite)overlooked the ocean and was close enough to hear the waves crash.
The downside: the beach is just so-so and depending on the time of year you very well may encounter children. Good luck.

Jan 17th, 2003, 02:28 PM
liza

Moondance is a great property...all villas, only a few, less than 10 for sure, they used to only ahve 3 but have built a few more. I visited the 3 BR one last spring a few times and it's beautiful.

Even if there were children at another villa, you could easily avoid them.

Jan 19th, 2003, 06:16 AM
joni

Check out the Jamaica Inn in Ocho Rios.
It's exactly what you're looking for.
Prices are high now due to high season ,but after April 15th prices go down.They offer meal plans ,beautiful private beach ,no kids and its right on the beach.
Take a look at jamaicainn.com