Need help on choosing island

Jan 5th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Original Poster

Need help on choosing island

I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out where I can go that has all the things that will make everyone happy. Once I decide on a place, I find something else that changes my mind so I hope you all will be able to help. There are three or more couples going in June to celebrate 10 yr anniv and would like input on resort and island to visit. Have visit St. John and St. Lucia briefly on a cruise. Like both islands. The men want to do more active things like snorkel/dive and fishing while the women mostly want to sit by the pool and beach with drinks and relax (oh, can't forget the spa and enjoy the beautiful scenery. We also want to go to a place that we feel safe going off the resort (Have heard that places ie Jamaica was not good because of safety off the compounds). Would like to have the all inclusive option just to not have to worry about how much you're spending the whole trip. Which islands other than St. John have really good snorkeling that you can do yourself or don't have to pay an arm and a leg for an snorkeling trip? Any input or suggestions would be great.
Jan 6th, 2007, 08:03 AM

If you are looking for fishing in June, my family had the best deep sea catch ever of the coast of Mexico near Akumal last June. We stayed in an all-inclusive, which I do not recommend, but the Akumal area is beautiful. We also loved St. Lucia, at the Soufriere end of the island. Look at Anse Chastenet and their new luxury addition, or for something really beautiful, Ladera, with their open air hilltop rooms. Snorkelling was good in both these places.
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:36 AM

St. Lucia or Grenada
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:59 AM

Why not try Grenada - good snorkelling or for adults only Galley bay on antigua, although the sea can be a little choppy at times, the food is great!
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:29 PM

St John Caneel bay resort, Westin Resort....it is US Territory, safe with no hassles. Has everything you need. No pasport hassles either...

Caneel spa voted top 10 in world.
New chef with world class food now...