Need Help deciding between these 2 wonderful Resorts - Need Your Help Please

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help deciding between these 2 wonderful Resorts - Need Your Help Please

We cannot decide between these two resorts:

Four Seasons Nevis and Peter Island

We have enough AmEx Points for a "free" vacation to either resort but cannot decide. After doing research on both resorts individually...well its a tie. I was hoping that anyone that has been to both can give us some insite and be the tie breaker

We have been to BVI (Biras Creek) twice and absolutely love it. We are assuming from research here that PI is better thatn or equal to Biras in terms of service, accommodations and beauty.
Beautiful beaches with white sand and clear water are improtant to us, so that is the main drawback to FS Nevis, as I have read the beach, however beautiful, is not as nice as other caribbean baches. However any FS is hard to beat, that is what makes it a tough decision.

We are leaning towards PI, but still undecided as you can see - Please help

Thank You
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 08:44 AM

I'd go with Peter Island.

I've stayed at FS Nevis and wouldn't again...
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Sunnyboy

I been to 4S Nevis several times and enjoy staying there but if white sand beaches and clear water are important to you then definitely go to Peter Island. For what it is worth, I prefer PI over 4S.

Old Aug 13th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Diana & Sunnyboy

Appreciate the quick response!

We were leaning in that direction too. When you are using 75,000 points per day for 10 days you just want to make sure of the choice

Thanks Again.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 01:57 PM

You might also want to check with Amex on what level of room you get for your points. Often it is a 'standard' room with the option of upgrading for more points. It might be worth comparing the two to see what you get.

Kathy
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info...

I believe with AmEx Plat, you are automatically upgraded 1 category. When I make our reservations, I will definately inquire. PI looks so beautiful from the website, I doubt there are any bad room locations. Even if we get the lowest room category...that's ok too.

Thank You
Old Nov 17th, 2004, 12:47 PM

Knowing that all of Nevis has darker sand and waters, how is the beach off Four Seasons? How does it compare to the Nisbett Plantation beach?
Old Nov 17th, 2004, 02:26 PM

Ditto on PI, FS is darker sand beach and not as clear water. However, if you in any way are balancing an island experience Nevis is excellent for island beauty, things to get out and see and do and extremely friendly locals. If you plan to keep to your resort then again go with PI.
Old Nov 17th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Sunnyboy

Nisbet's beach is light colored sand (among the lightest on the island - not quite white), it's dotted with palms, has a constant breeze, the water is wavy on a good day and can get a bit rough if the wind is blowing strong. There are some large exposed rocks in the water just off shore making difficult in spots for wading and it just an OK swimming beach.

Four Season's beach is darker sand (it has a brownish tint), it's wider than the beach at Nisbet, the water is calmer but the drop off is steeper than Nisbet so you will be in neck deep water only a few yards off shore. It's a good swimming beach.