Reload this Page >

Need advice with Hotel selection

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 08:04 AM
Bill

I'm planning a visit to Virgin Gorda with a very brief lay-over in St Thomas. Is anyone familiar with the Green Iguana Hotel or the Danish Chalet Inn? How close are they to shopping and restaurants? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 03:24 PM
Diane

Bill, you and I have turned up the same two hotels in our searches. We will be staying in St. Thomas for one night in December prior to going to BVI to charter a sailboat. <BR> <BR>Anyone have any experience with these?

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 01:43 PM
Diane

Bill, don't know if you have been there yet. We were in St Thomas the 2nd of December and spent the night at the Green Iguana. Location not great, it was fine for one night. It is about a 15 minute walk down hill to restaurants and the shopping area. As recommended, we took a cab back the hotel after dark.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 04:09 PM
Karen

You might also want to check out the Crystal Palace in Charlotte Amallie. It has a wonderful harbour view and is a restored family home up the hill from shopping and not far from Virgilio's and some of the other inTown eating places. I would usse the taxis to/from the accomodations in Charlotte Amalie at nite. Green Iquana is right next door to the Inn at BlackBeard's, another B&B, and their restaurant is now featuring the same cusine and menu as the old Hotel 1829 one and Pat LeCorte a longtime restuaranteer on island is in charge. I think that you would be pleasantly surprised at the Crystal Palace and Ron's family home for four generations. Check it out at www.crystalpalaceusvi.com.

Old May 30th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Lars

Karen, NICE job spamming the board with a recommendation for your friend Ron's bed & breakfast. There's a nice brochure-like quality to your post, nice sales pitch! Ron, what does she get for the referral?

Old May 31st, 2002, 04:04 AM
OhNoNotLars

Lars,<BR>You need to get a hobby that doesn't involve digging up 6 month old posts and responding to them.<BR>Take up knitting or stamp collecting or piercing your own ears or something. You are pathetic

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:56 AM
Sharon

Try the Island Beachcomber--its perfect for that one night--friendly staff. See Where2Stay.com for ideas if that's not your choice.

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:39 PM
Lars

Hmmm.. no one is denying the spamming charge..... all I did was research the Crystal Palace since I was seeing rave reviews for it on another board. I found a lot of posts about it in the archives, and to my surprise it was Spam City from well known spammers.<BR><BR>The irony is, the Crystal Palace looks like just the kind of place I will stay on my next trip - a nice historic building, very reasonably priced, where you can actually meet local people as opposed to the plastic Caneel type of place. Don't worry, Ronnie, I will write a fair review after I stay at your www.crystalpalaceusvi.com