ST Thomas - 1 night stay pre-cruise

Jun 27th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

ST Thomas - 1 night stay pre-cruise

We will be in St Thomas for one night only in December. I am looking for recommendations for a small hotel / B&B somewhere in / near Charlotte Amalie. We'll be there for only one night, will probably not arrive till late afternoon, and are leaving on a week-long cruise the next afternoon. Any thoughts?

TIA!
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:29 PM

I highly recommend the Crystal Palace. It's situated way up on the hill with a beautiful view of the harbor. Lovely patio, little honor bar, and Ronnie, the owner is a wonderful host. He's been known to pick up guests from the airport or ferry, which is a bonus! And it's very reasonable.
Jun 27th, 2006, 05:22 PM

You might also check out Hotel 1829, which is in a very old building on Government Hill downtown.
Jul 24th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

I have not found much in the way of recent reviews of Hotel 1829. The website looks very nice. Has anyone been there lately that can opinionate? Does it live up to the website/
Jul 24th, 2006, 08:06 AM

Do you consider April to be recent? Because that's when I stayed there. It is a great little place. The location is very good, close to town and the hotel oozes charm.

Search this Thread