Search

NASSAU WEATHER IN JUNE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 06:57 PM
Catalina

NASSAU WEATHER IN JUNE

Hello- We are planning a vacation for next June: Carnaval 3 day cruise to Nassau from Miami and then 4 days at Atlantis/Paradise Island. We plan to leave on June 20. Has anyone been there during June? What will the weather be like? Rain? Wind? We checked the weather websites and they show that June has the highest precipitation. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:08 PM
Jan

June is the rainiest month (about 7 inches) but it tends to come in 15 minute mid-day showers, pretty much clear or mostly sunny the rest of the day. Of course storm systems can roll thru slowly, but that's not common overall.<BR>Daytimes are usually 82-85 range.<BR>Breezes make the humidity a non-issue IF you're by the beach. Inland it can be VERY steamy.<BR>Atlantis is great for kids.<BR>For adults I think it's a very poor value.<BR>Type Atlantis in the text search box above and you'll find oodles of opinions about this place.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:46 PM
Catalina

Thank you, Jan, for your prompt response. I have read much about Atlantis on this board, and I will continue to do so. Why is Atlantis a very poor value? We saw an ad in the NYT for 3 nights for about $300. I appreciate your comments. Catalina

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:59 PM
Jan

$100 per night (?) is a reasonable deal IMO, but I assume that's for the Coral Towers, right?<BR>Not the nicest of rooms, think Holiday Inn, but the rest of the resort is entertaining for kids and OK for adults.<BR>My value issues with Atlantis relate to the food quality for the dollar and room quality for the dollar (mostly during high season).<BR>We travel worldwide and compared to what you can get for a similar price in other tropical type destinations, Atlantis doesn't stack up well. Like I said, unless the vacation is for the kids. They love the place.<BR>

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Catalina

Jan- I was wrong. After I read your post, I pulled the NYT article and it was $499 per person for 3 nights! Yikes! You're right. It is not a good value. After re reading all the posts and this and other boards, we have decided to stay at the Comfort Inn suites across from Atlantis. Yes, this is a vacation for the kids. Thanks for your thoughts.<BR>Catalina