Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

March 2004 Honeymoon in Grenada? Recommendations?

Sep 10th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Hi all...looking for recommendations for a March 2004 Honeymoon in Grenada. We are trying to maintain some reasonable cost, even though we are vacationing during high-season. Has anyone stayed at Blue Horizons? Can anyone recommend other lodging with reasonable in-season rates?

Thanks in advance.
Sep 10th, 2003, 01:43 PM

Check out grenadaexplorer.com, it has lots of good info.

Grenada is a great place for a honeymoon, we went to St. Lucia for ours and after visiting Grenada several years later, we wished we would have gone there instead.

We're leaving for Grenada in 36 more days for a 10 day vacation. We haven't stayed at Blue Horizons, but we wanted to last year because you can share the facilities of Spice Isle at half the cost. We didn't stay there because we booked through Windjammer cruises and they didn't book to BH. This year we are splitting time between the Coyoba (right on Grand Anse and I hear the swim up bar is awesome) and the Mariposa (we stayed there last year and liked it a lot).

Lots of great restaurants in Grenada, be sure to check out the Yacht club, the Nutmeg and the restaurant and bar at the Tropicana.

Good luck and congrats!
Sep 11th, 2003, 02:44 AM

Don't miss dinner at the Coconut Beach Club on Grand Anse. The lobster thermidor is excellent and their lobster dish called "Ginger Boy" is out of this world. It's a funky little place with some tables out in the sand. We stayed at Mariposa last trip and loved our room and the location (eat elsewhere). Spent a couple of nights at The Gem, just down the hill, and thought it was fine and a pretty good value but I wouldn't want to spend my honymoon there. Blue Horizons is a nice looking property and always gets good reviews. Just remember it's not on the beach so you won't be disappointed when you get there. If you want beachfront, you may want to check out the Grand Beach. We had a drink there last trip and the grounds are lovely. There's a cool pool with a swim up bar and it's a nice, central location.

Hope this helps. Do check out Grenada Explorer. They've got all the scoop!
Sep 11th, 2003, 03:15 AM

My wife and I stayed at the Blue Horizon this past Feb/March. I posted a trip report (dated March 14/03) under 'Grenada'. We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and would not hesitate to stay at the BH again. I too encourage you to go to the grenadaexplorer.com website for some good information on travel planning.
Sep 11th, 2003, 04:36 AM

You also might want to check out Twelve Degrees North on Grenada, a place that feels like a combo of villa and hotel vacation. You'd have your own private villa and a cook/housekeeper who would make breakfast and lunch for you at your request. There's a pool and a small secluded beach on site. They get great reviews and I'm eager to try them myself.
Sep 12th, 2003, 01:51 PM

We are leaving for our honeymoon on 10/14 and we are staying at the Calabash hotel. We got a great deal from www.islandinns.com. We didn't do the honeymoon package, just there regular package and it was reasonable. I will post a review when we get back.