Search

luxury plus partying?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Jennifer

luxury plus partying?

My husband and are are in our early 30's, planning a anniv trip to the carribean. We have the money to book luxury, but a lot of places seem stuffy (slacks after 6pm). What's wrong with jeans once in a while? Is there a place that has top accomodations on a great beach but also offers fun nightlife and tons of other things to do? I guess I want it all - seclusion, luxury, and fun! We don't vacation often and I guess I'm looking for the greatest vaca ever! Any suggestions on resorts (besides Jamaica or St Lucia) would be appreciated, thanks.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 01:22 PM
suggestions

Sounds to me like you are talking about Barbados. Since you are going for luxury vacation, you might want to check out the Sandy Lane hotel, which was recently renovated, has fab rooms from what I understand and an amazing spa. Great beaches especially on the west and south coasts of the island. Lots of sightseeing to do, beach activities, etc during the day and at night quite a few great restuarants and some nightspots again on the west and south coasts primarily - check out the St Lawrence Gap - places such as the Ship Inn on a Thursday and Friday night are fun. Boatyard and Harbour Lights are also make for fun nightlife.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 08:10 PM
GM

I 2nd the vote for Barbados - you will enjoy.<BR><BR>I agree with the other poster - the western side of Barbados is better for the beaches; the eastern part is rougher with the Atlantic ocean instead of the Caribbean sea.<BR><BR>Don't forget to visit Bathsheba during the stay - humongous rock formations on the beach that have little pools around them and it's really neat after high tide.<BR><BR>Have some authentic Creole Cuisine, and there's Cave Shepherd around for duty free shopping if you want some good prices on expensive watches.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 06:43 AM
jennifer

thanks! I will definately check this out!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 08:40 AM
xxx

Check out St. Barts or St. John. Of the two, St. John is more low key but very beautiful.<BR><BR>We have rented villas on both islands. Those were the best vacations ever (other than going to Italy).<BR><BR>We did not like the Bahamas!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Anon.

I would not recommend St. John for &quot;partying.&quot; While it's nice, it's very laid back. Others suggestions would be either Cozumel or Cancun