Search

luquillo beach

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 09:09 PM
maria

luquillo beach

going to puerto rico next week. staying at the hilton caribe and i heard the beach was nice but man made. any advice on traveling to luquillo beach? is it hard to get there from my destination?

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:33 AM
rqf

The beach at the Hilton and Luquillo have one thing in common - water is almost always calm. The beach at the Hilton may be man made but you would never know it.<BR>Luquillo is a nice beach but, in my opinion, I don't know that it is worth driving more than 25 miles to get there. It might be worthwhile if you combine it with a visit to the Rain Forest. If you want rolling surf you can find it in the vicinity of the Marriott in the Condado.<BR>You would need a car to get to Luquillo = I don't know of any public transporation.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:41 AM
Gail

We love Loquillo Beach. The water is totally calm. It gets crowded on the weekend. We especially like the local food vendors there.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 08:35 AM
Donna

Luquillo is very nice, but Dorado beach, just west of San Juan, is much better!

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:55 PM
marsha

Have been to luquillo several times and it's a great beach and the food vendors are awesome. You won't regret going there.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Tom

Loquillo beach is a must see. It is very authentic with great music and food. The beach is physically beautiful. Th eonly issue is the mounds of trash just about everywhere, especially on weekends.