Search

Cable Beach

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Kelly

Cable Beach

I'm planning to go to Nassau/New Providence, Bahamas. Thought of staying somewhere along Cable Beach. Is Cable Beach really crowded? How's the sand and water there? thanks

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:27 AM
kelly

Anyone?

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Linda

I've stayed at the Radisson and the beach was very nice. Soft white sand and water a beautiful shade of blue/green. Beach at the Radisson was not crowded. Marriott has no beach and you have to go over to Nassau Beach Hotel. Breezes also has nice beach.

Old May 1st, 2002, 12:25 PM
Kelly

Thanks Linda. Anyone else have good things to say?

Old May 1st, 2002, 12:51 PM
scubagirl

Cable Beach is touted as the Riviera of the caribbean. White sandy beaches and crystal clear water. The water here is generally not as rough as the water at Paradise Island. <BR>You have your choice of Sandals, Radisson, Marriott, Nassau Beach Hotel, Breezes as well as several timeshares.<BR>Sandals and Radisson are the nicests, Marriott is typical of marriotts in the states, Nassau beach is moderate as well as Breezes.<BR>Depending on the season, Cable beach is not usually crowded.

Old May 1st, 2002, 01:00 PM
Kelly

Forgot to ask--what about vendors on the beach? Are there alot and do they pester the tourists very bad?

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:10 AM
scubagirl

Yes, there are vendors on the beaches. Yes say no thanks and continue doing what you were doing. They're not agressive if you don't give them a chance.<BR>BTW, there's a jitney that runs into town all day long. It's only $.75 pp/. It's a great way to get around.<BR><BR>

Old May 2nd, 2002, 12:20 PM
Heather

I have stayed at both the Radisson and the Breezes on Cable Beach. Both have great beaches and both resorts are really nice as well. As the previous posts said the vendors are not aggressive at all.