Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

looking for a great beach front condo, villa, hut someplace???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I'm looking for a great beach front accomodation for a family of 4, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths minimum. I don't really have an island or destination picked out yet, just want someplace warm and on the beach in Janurary. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks! tbelgian
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 10:41 AM

Villas of the Galleon or Coralstone Club on Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman. The first is mid price range and the second is more upscale. Or check out Carimar on Meads Bay in Anguilla.
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 10:59 AM

A second vote for Villas of the Galleon, although I haven't been there in several years. It has one of the best locations on Seven Mile Beach.
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 01:11 PM

Check out villas on Mahoe Bay, Nail Bay or at Guavaberry Spring Bay on Virgin Gorda to see if they are in your price range.
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 02:21 PM

tbelgian has already been to grand cayman so probably has a fair idea what's available there.

i've stayed in some great villas & would be happy to help you out but some budget parameters and some clue how your family likes to spend their time would help us advise you.
here's a house i like on provo in t&c - on grace bay, quick walk to good snorkeling, 4 min drive to 6 restaurants & a great dive company & has a nice pool: http://www.bellasurmer.com/
barbados & jamaica have great villas most of which come with full staff.
maya riveria coast has tons of villas. we stayed in this house: http://www.locogringo.com/tankah/cav...me=Casa%20Cavu but it's a bit remote if your kids want other kids to hang with.
if your budget is high the villas roams mentioned on mahoe bay are spectacular.

vrbo & homeaway are great for finding houses & condos.
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 05:44 AM

T&C may be a gamble in January as it is pretty far north but a few other places to look at there are The Sands and Royal West Indies if you want a resort condo. If you want a villa/house, check out Aquamarine Beach Houses or Crystal Sands.
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 08:00 AM

kristen is right the water temp especially could be cooler than you're hoping for. this matters mostly if you plan to snorkel often.
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 08:48 AM

virginia...have you stayed at bellasurmer? If so, do you have photos?
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 02:35 PM

kristen, no. we stayed next door, twice, at then windows ala mar - now divided into 2 rentals - oceans edge & ocean vista with new owner, new much higher price. actually if you go to their site & click on the first pic on the main page you'll see the yellow house. next door, the white house set back from beach with pool is bella: http://www.atlanticoceanbeachvillas.com/default.asp
anyway, no one was in bella so we looked in the windows and snuck a dip in the pool. the pool is really nice & fairly large for an island pool, with nice surrounding deck. has sandy front & back yard. 10 mins stroll down to smith reef to snorkel & 5 min drive to turtle cove marina. the beach is not super wide like in front of the resorts & not quite as flat. the rooms are not huge but it looked like a good house! the house web site pics are pretty accurate. there's a couple different ones on tcisafari.com
the only house i like the look of better is the larger, more expensive villa sandstone.
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Well now I'm feeling kinda picky...don't want Mexico and think that T&C might be a bit chancy on the weather....maybe something farther south??? Would T&C be chancy in Jan?
Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 08:55 AM

T&C would be hit or miss in Januray. You might have perfectly gorgeous weather or you may have to throw on a sweatshirt! I would look into Anguilla..further South, amazing beaches and amazing restaurants. What is your budget so we can steer you toward accomodations?
Old Oct 23rd, 2010, 02:07 PM

take a look at www.caribbeandays.com I worked with Maria - she was fantastic. the Condo I stayed at was on St. Maarten - called Unforgettable....I LOVED it...it was a walk out...huge patio - pool right to the side and beach front on Simpson Beach. The condo has 2 bedrooms - both w/King beds....2 1/2 bathrooms....fully stocked kitchen - washer/dryer - and is close to the restaurants and airport. I went last February for 2 weeks and can't say enough about the place. If you have any questions - I'd be happy to answer them as best I can.
Old Oct 23rd, 2010, 06:35 PM

I have heard excellent reviews of Royal Sea Aquarium resort.
They also offers beach villas.

http://www.royalseaquariumresort.com/suites.asp
Old Oct 24th, 2010, 01:12 PM

We went to Barbados & stayed in a one bedroom at the Bougainvillea Beach Resort last Feb. They also have 2 bedroom, 2 bath suites.The resort was wonderful experience in every way; I can highly recommend it. Our suite had a deep, shady balcony where we ate our meals and watched the sunrise & set. The rooms were large & comfortably furnished. It's right on a beautiful beach, water was warm in early Feb. We loved everything about Barbados.

http://bougainvillearesort-px.trvlclick.com/index.cfm