Ku Hotel-Anguilla

Old Apr 7th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ku Hotel-Anguilla

HI-

My husband and I are planning a vacation in December to Anguilla.
I was on tripadvisor reading up on this property. A recent reviewer wrote: Assuming the hotel isn't bought out by the Shoal Bay Villas project next door, we are planning on going next year.

Does anyone have any information about KU? Is it going away? Is there a plan in place for Ku to be purchased? I went on the hotel website and there is nothing mentioned. They are also booking rooms in December.

Any information you have heard would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your help!
Old Apr 7th, 2009, 12:04 PM

Here's my advice, first call the hotel and ask. If there's any doubt about Ku being there then have a plan B.
Book a room if you can cancel without penalty and keep checking.

Generally things move slowly in the Caribbean.....
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks sassy_cat! I was going to call the hotel but I was not sure if they would be 100% honest. I don't mind booking at Ku but I am worried about finding a hotel at the last minute if things don't work out at Ku.
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 10:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
IMO, it would be a good thing if SBV bought out Ku. They both are wonderful and the closest you will get to the sand of a gorgeous beach.
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:24 AM

JUST RETURNED FROM ANGUILLA, MAY 6 TO MAY 20, 09. THERE WAS NO WORD OF SHOAL BAY VILLAS TAKING OVER THE HOTEL...THE NEW SHOAL BAY DEVELOPMENT HAS A LONG WAY BEFORE IT GETS OFF THE GROUND SO I WOULD NOT EVEN WORRY ABOUT IT TAKING OVER THE KU HOTEL. THE KU HOTEL IS ON A BEAUTIFUL BEACHFRONT SITE. I HAVE GONE TO ALL INCLUSIVE RESORTS IN PAST AND ACCOMODATIONS ARE NOT ON SAME SCALE, BUT I HAVING NOTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT THE KU. IT IS WELL KEPT AND THE ANGUILLAN PEOPLE SURPASS ALL OTHER CARIBBEAN ISLES AS FAR AS THEIR HOSPITALITY AND WARMTH TO THEIR GUESTS. RESTAURANTS ON ISLAND ARE PHENOMENAL. CANNOT GO WRONG AT ANY OF THEM...JUST DIFFICULT CHOOSING WHICH ONE YOU WANT TO GO TO. SUGGEST RENTING A CAR FOR YOUR LENGTH OF STAY AS IT IS EASY TO GET AROUND AND THERE IS NO NEED TO FEAR GOING OUT ANY TIME OF DAY. ISLAND IS SMALL AND IT IS EASY TO NAVIGATE. ANY ADDITIONAL INFO PLEASE SEND A MESSAGE....BELIEVE YOU WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION AND BE VERY PLEASED WITH ISLAND..
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:13 PM

If you do decide to go and stay at Ku, take a look at www.luxurylink.com. Ku has a great deal that lasts through December, IF they have availability.
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 08:33 AM

We are planning a trip to Anguilla as well in March and want to stay at Ku, but I can't seem to
get a hold of them. I have tried to contact them by phone on several occasions but to no avail. What hours do they work in Anguilla ? Is this a sign that SBV is taking over Ku???
Any one have any suggestions? We like ku because not only is it on beautiful Shoal beach but there is a restaurant and beach bar.... Shoal Bay Villas does not have any of these facilities.
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 09:38 AM

Ku is regarded as a bit of a joke among Anguillians--it's gone seriously downhill in just a few years. While it still represents a good beachfront value if you care about an inexpensive room and being beachfront, it's a mess in every other way. My husband says he would go back there because he loves SBE and is self-sufficient enough not to have minded the problems we had, but I will never, ever give them another penny of my money. Some of the individual staff members were kind and solicitous, but their effectiveness was countermanded by an utterly clueless and disinterested management.

I don't beleive that SBV is taking over Ku, but I could be wrong. There are tons of beach bars on SBE, so if that's the only reason you prefer Ku, I'd urge you to reconsider.

You might want to ask this question on the Trip Advisor Anguilla forum, where some locals will respond to your question.

As for your other questions, Ku usually closes during the month of September, so I doubt you'll hear anything back until they reopen for the season.
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 09:45 AM

Many hotels in the Caribbean close during the fall when tourist traffic is slow, it's hurricane season, and i'ts a good time to perform needed repairs and maintenance on the properties. Plus it gives the staff time for a vacation. If you look at the KU web site you will see that they closed on 31 August and plan to reopen on 21 October.

http://www.ku-anguilla.com/ku_hotel.htm
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 07:55 AM

What do you think of Shoal Bay villas???
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM

I understand that Ku is in the midst of a management change, I am on the island now and the property is closed, I wouldn't rely on it's coming up to steam by December.