Reload this Page >

just returned from Our Lucaya

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 03:54 PM
Shelley

A quick report from April 10th-15th. I must first give a big thank you to Carrie from Canada. Without all of her guidance, I don't think I would have booked the trip.<BR>We had room booked at the Breakers Cay, island view. Long story short, I decided that I wanted to upgrade to the Harbour Club level. This is where one gets a continental breakfast, free water, juice, beer, etc.. throughout the day and cocktails & hors d'oeuvres at night. We were told at check in that they were sold out. We tipped our bellman VERY generously and asked him to see what he could do. Long story short, we were onthe 10th floor an hour later.It was well worth the upgrade. I recommend this to everyone who travel here. Incidentally, it was myself , my husband and our three year old. <BR>Everything was great! Our room was very new and clean, our chambermaid, Donna, ws perfect. She checked with us every morning to see what time we were leaving for the pool/beach each day so our room would be made up immediately. One night my daughter got sick at 4:00am and I needed sheets and blankets. I called the front desk and within five minutes a clean set had arrived. The next morning I handed Donna my daughters personal blanket, pillow and stuffed animal and asked if she could wash them since we would not get them back until evening if I sent them out to be laundered. She had them waiting in our room at lunchtime.<BR>The pools, beaches, etc..were terrific. We dined at many restaurants across the street as well as a few at the resort. Our favorite was Portobello's at Lighthouse POinte. For the three of us with a few drinks it was just under $100.<BR>I heard many people complaining about various things.. some were legitimate, others.. people needed to relax. If we were paying Four Seasons prices, they could complain. We actually went into this vacation not expecting anything fabulous for what we paid. We wound up having a great time and met many super people. If anyone has questions, please do not hesitate to email me directly.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Nancy

My husband and I are going in May and you are right about Carrie, she has sent great stuff. Did you use or hear anything about the spa? or anyone who has anything on Our Lucaya. all informaion will be great<BR>Thanks<BR>Nancy

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Danny

Nancy,<BR> If you are interested go to my amateur web site at www.fortunecity.com/oasis/bahia/443/index.htm, where Carrie is a fairly regular and valuable contributor. As you scroll down the home page you'll find links to trip reports, a message board, and over 150 pictures of GBI, many of them of Our Lucaya. Hope that helps. If you check the site out and still have questions feel free to email me at home and I'll try to help.<BR><BR>Danny

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 06:11 PM
Shelley

nancy-<BR>I did not use the spa, but heard several people say they had a hard time getting appointments. I found that hard to believe because it was not very crowded when we were there. You may want to look into booking something before you arrive. Let me know if you need any other questions answered.. i.e..rooms, restaurants,etc..

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Denise

We also just returned from Our Lucaya on April 18th. We took our four children and had the greatest time. It was so relaxing, we didn't want to leave. We were on the Bahamian Rhapsody package and found the food to be very good. The kids loved the buffet at Willy Broadleaf's for dinner, especially the desserts, and the breakfast buffet was fantastic! My husband and I preferred Churchill's and Portobello's. I don't think the six of us could have eaten breakfast and dinner for less than we paid for the package.<BR> I had read so many complaints here before we went and also didn't have high expectations, so I was pleasantly surprised! Everyone was so friendly and the resort was so clean, we can't wait to go back.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Amy

We just returned on April 24 from a five night stay at Our Lucaya. Our flight arrived 5 hours late and when we checked in, they didn't have an ocean view room in Breaker's Cay. After reading all of Carrie's extremely helpful information, we convinced the manager to put us on the ninth floor of Breaker's Cay (the Harbour Club)for the same price. It was excellent. Continental breakfast in the am and hours devoures and drinks in the pm. We had a fabulous time all around. The people at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. We had Flora clean our room and she was awesome. If you stay on the harbor club floor tell "De" I said hello. My husband and I preferred to eat across the street at the Market Place. Zorbas, The Pub, Fat Man's Nephew were a few of our favorite places. Our favorite restaurant was the Stoned Crab on Taino Beach. Mostly a seafood menu, the food was excellent. We ate there twice. Churchill's Chop House was disappointing and very expensive. Two steaks and a baked potato for $93! We definitely recommend the Booze Cruise. Food was greasy but the music and the drinks were great. (so was the sunset!) We also went parasailing. Awesome view! Take a camera up with you. The beach was clean and beautiful. Try to grab a float in one of the awesome pools and float around for hours in the sun!!! Lots to do. Anyone with quesitons, feel free to email me. We are going again next year with our kids and parents. Should be a blast. There were a lot of kids down there who seemed to be having a great time as well!!!!!