Question about location of Our Lucaya on GBI

May 18th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Question about location of Our Lucaya on GBI

I am planning a 4 night stay at Our Lucaya (Sheraton) in early August and I have heard most of the restaurants there are fairly expensive. I am taking an 11 and a 12 year old so we are not looking for fine dining. Are there any cheaper type restaurants close by that we could walk to or take a taxi? Thanks for any help.
April
May 18th, 2003, 02:50 PM

You might post this on www.bahamas.com and look for Danny and Carrie, they know the island very well and can give you all kinds of info on what to see, do, eat, find, beach, and enjoy.

HOpe this helps have a great time.
May 18th, 2003, 05:00 PM

April,
You are directly across the street from the Port Lucaya Marketplace and Marina if you're staying at Our Lucaya. There are plenty of relatively inexpensive restaurants with decent food, including some fast food places like Domino's. Our favorites are The Pub, Zorba's, Pisces (great Italian but I think they're only open for dinner), and Giavanni's. Luciano's is the best on the island as far as I'm concerned but it's expensive and open only for dinner. The kids should love the Marketplace in the evenings. They usually have live entertainment in Count Basie Square and there are little kids dancing and cavorting all over the place. Hope this helps.

Danny
May 19th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your help. Although I have traveled quite a bit in the caribbean, this is my 1st trip to GBI (my daughter and her friend's pick). Sounds like the location will be perfect for the girls. Thanks again for you help, April
May 19th, 2003, 01:33 PM

You might want to check out my amateur website. Over 400 pictures, many of Our Lucaya, trip reports, links to other Bahamian web sites, and a message board, all devoted entirely to GBI. The message board has a picture on the top that shows the Port Lucaya area and includes the entire Our Lucaya Resort in the picture (bottom portion). The web site is at www.fortunecity.com/oasis/bahia/443/index.htm

Hope this helps some more.

Danny