just returned from cap juluca

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I have just returned from my 1 week stay at Cap Juluca. Just an excellent experience. So I am wondering.......could there possibly be a beach as beautiful as that in the whole world. I am thinking that it is not even possible!!!! Have no idea how I will top this.
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 09:06 AM

The beach at Cap Juluca is indeed stunning but there are others that surpass it.

For starters check out the beach at Coco Point Lodge on Barbuda - if you stand at the tip of the point, the spectacular white to pinkish white sandy beach stretches as far as the eye can see. It's lapped by crystal clear bright torquoise waters and it has a westerly exposure so you get fantastic views of the setting sun. On its "busiest day" it's almost devoid of people - the mile or so directly in front of the resort rarely has more than 50 people on it and once you leave the resorts boundraries you may not see another person for miles and miles. If you pick a reference point at the very far end and walk to it you'll be greeted with more beach again "as far as the eye can see. Continue doing the same thing 4 or 5 more times and you'll eventually come to the end of the beach.

There are many more but if I write about them "the word will get out". The great thing about beaches are there are fantastic ones located all over the world - and it's a lot of fun trying to find them all!
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 10:14 AM

Turks & Caicos, especially the surrounding cays.
Bahamas Out Islands: Eleuthera, Compass Cay.
St. John, USVI.
I hope to make it to Barbuda one day. I've seen pics of the beach there. Very nice indeeed.
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Thank you RoamsAround. That was a wonderful description. And so is there a 5 star resort near this beach in Barbuda??
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 02:06 PM

Right now Coco Point Lodge is the only viable resort on the island - it's on the beach I described. The two othermajor resorts on the island, the exclusive K-Club and the lesser known Beach House are no longer operating, having gone into receivership within the past 18 months or so. There are a few guest houses and inns (not on the beach) and a new resort on the opposite side of the island that's under construction.

Coco Point Lodge is not 5-star in that the rooms are some ewhat spartan but it's a true All Inclusive resort so the tarriff is on the high side. The food, by the way, is excellent and the staff is amoung the most helpful and friendly as we have found anywhere in the Caribbean. This resort has many many repeat guests. When we were there last April I'd say 65% percent of the guests had been there 5 or more times (some as many as 20 times).

Warning, Barbuda is a very remote island with very little to do outside the normal resort activities (quite extensive) other than visit the frigate bird scantuary and explore some caves and walk along beautiful beaches. Go here if you are truly seeking a vacation where you "get away from it all". If you are looking for nightlife and partying Barbuda is not for you.

Check out Coco Point's website - www.cocopoint.com for more information. The photos on the website paint a very accurate picture.