Reload this Page >

Just back/Pt. Grace/TCI

Search

Just back/Pt. Grace/TCI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 12:28 PM
Eileen

Just back/Pt. Grace/TCI

Just back from Point Grace, Turks and Caicos Islands. Wonderful vacation and Point Grace just may have the best rooms in the Caribbean! Unbelievable, we have been spoiled now for anything else. I will be happy to answer questions.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 04:38 AM
penny

Hi Eileen: Friends of ours just returned from Grace Bay, and were disappointed in the bathrooms, otherwise they had a great stay. Could you elaborate on Pt. Graces' accomodations. Is the beach quiet? Are busy hotels nearby? Nice to hear you are spoiled. Glad you had a wonderful time!

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 05:17 AM
eileen

We paid for a 1 BR oceanfront but actually ended up with a 2 br because I think all the oceanfront units are 2 BR. This was about 1,600 square feet, huge terrace, large kitchen with all stainless steel appliances, all marble throughout. The bathrooms were huge! Dining area and large foyer. We knew in advance the last two nights we would have to move to the lowest room category (the resort was full so we couldn't get 7 consecutive nights in one unit), the cottage suite which is still very nice at 1,000 square feet but not much of an ocean view. Well, they ended up upgrading us about 4 categories to a 2,600 sq. foot, 3 BR, 4 bath condo with wrap around ocean views and two living rooms! And they only charged us for the cottage suite so that was fantastic. I definitely recommend going for the oceanfront categories rather than the cottage suite -- the views are incredible. The beach was very quiet when we were there as it was windy so not too many folks on the beach. next door to Pt. Grace is The Sands but it is around the bend so you don't even see those guests, but it is an easy walk to Hemingway's we ate lunch there often. On the other side of Pt. Grace is an empty piece of property, then The Mansions, which is a small, very quiet owner-occupied condo complex. The next big property is Allegro, then Ocean Club West, then Grace Bay Club. It's about a 20 minute walk from Pt. Grace to Grace Bay Club. We loved Pt. Grace's location because it was quiet yet we could walk to a lot of places including the Ports of Call shopping plaza which is across from the Allegro. Some people love Grace Bay Club -- I walked through and thought the pool was very samll and basic and the landscaping was much better at Pt. Grace. Hope this helps.

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 01:29 PM
Lara

Hi Elieen, <BR>I really appreciate your report of Pt. Grace. I had the Ritz Carlton St. Thomas booked, but have heard so much "bad press" about St. Thomas that I am seeking somewhere else (although we always love the Ritz, wherever...). I have one question: are there TVs in the rooms at Pt. Grace? Thanks for your help!

Old May 1st, 2001, 04:45 AM
Lara

Yes, there is a big TV along with a DVD player and a complete stereo with wireless speakers all around the rooms. <BR> <BR>There are DVD's and CD's at the front desk that you can borrow.

Old May 1st, 2001, 04:46 AM
eileen

We had at least two TV's -- one in the bedroom, one in the living room. Also a complete DVD player and sound system with tapes and cds you could borrow from the Pt. Grace library.

Old May 1st, 2001, 07:16 AM
Lara

Thanks guys. We are booking Point Grace! Looking forward to a relaxing vacation in December.

Old May 1st, 2001, 08:48 AM
Kara

Did you do any snorkeling while at Point Grace? If so, how was it? Thanks!

Old May 2nd, 2001, 07:58 AM
Lara

Penny: If you are still checking this board...Do you know what size room your friends had at Grace Bay Club (the ones who were not happy with the bathroom)? I tried to book Point Grace and they were sold out for the room category I wanted (1 br/oceanfront), so I reserved Grace Bay Club Deluxe Junior Suite. Thanks!