Search

Topless Sunbathing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Sara

Topless Sunbathing

We are going to stay at the Southern Palms Beach Club and we were wondering if it is OK for women to lay out topless on the beach. We have never been to Barbados and don't want to cause any trouble or get into trouble. Is topless sunbathing done much on Barbados or will I be the only one. We have been to St. Martin and St Barts but we wanted to try another island. Thanks for any information

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 01:51 AM
mary

Sorry ,but topless sunbathing is not allowed at all!!Don't let it put you off going to Barbados though!

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Tasha

Whenever in Barbados, we stay on the south coast and I only saw one woman discreetly sunning topless, the beach patrol police quickly came over and she replaced her top. Come to think about it, I didnt even see any thongs either! <BR> <BR>Its a beautiful island with wonderful people, great restaurants and fun nightlife.

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 12:04 PM
tweedy

Sara, it seems the "English" islands, frown on Topless sunbathing, while the "European" islands have no problem. <BR> <BR>Another option would be to go to one of the smaller islands where you can have your own beach so you can do whatever.. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 09:08 AM
JP

hey, <BR> <BR>we just spent a week in the Dominican Republic at a RIU resort and topless sunbathing was allowed everywhere. the beach, the pool deck etc. it's a european chain and most guests are european so they were totally fine with it. <BR> <BR>hope that helps. <BR>JP

Old May 2nd, 2001, 10:09 AM
Steve

There are topless sunbathers all over , as long as your not running around topless . Try Dover Beach it seemed to have the most .......