Reload this Page >

Just back from Guadeloupe.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Joelle

Just spent 10 days there and it was pretty nice (as usual).<BR>Please feel free to ask some questions.

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Polly

My husband and I are planning a trip to Guadaloupe. WE have the option of staying in Green Blue HOuses in St. Francois, La Tourbana, Ste. Anne, or Viva Club in Gosier. Can you make any suggestions as to which resort or town to stayin? How is the snorkeling and Scuba Diving? What attractions or beaches would you recommend? Thanks

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Susan Z

I spent a month in Guadeloupe with my daughter last year. I feel that Gosier doesn't have much specific character and is a generic resort area. The beaches aren't much. St. Francois is similar but better beaches. La Tourbana is on the outskirts of St. Anne and is beautiful but isolated. I was not down to their beach. Ste. Anne the town is charming but a little shabby, however, I loved the beach in town and across the lagoon by Club Med. We were there off season so services were not as readily available. I didn't look into the snorkeling but my daughter went diving from Ste. Anne. I referred to the boat as the African Queen and always wondered if she would have to swim back to shore. I'm sure more is available in high season.

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 02:11 PM
Polly

Susan,<BR>Thanks for your reply. We will rent a car and take several day trips. We would like to go to Pigeon Island to do some scuba diving. I guess I was trying to seee if it would be difficult getting to Pigeon Island from St. Francois. As I look at the map it doesn't look like it's too bad a drive.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 01:55 PM
gina

Are there any hotels in rainforest or jungly areas right near beaches (having it all)?

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Paul

Don't book Auberge de la Vielle Tour - they are owned by the Accor Group which just announced they are pulling out of the FWI. According to them, the tourist situation is not good (expensive labor and a lousy attitude towards tourists - bookings down 25% in past year) and is getting worse in both Martinique aand Guadeloupe. If you read french, see the article in Leparisien.fr appearing November 12.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Jill

Does anyone know anything about the Viva Club in Guadeloupe? We have a chance to stay there cheap but understand part is being torn down? Any info appreciated.