Search

Jamaica in December

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamaica in December

OK I'm traveling to Jamaica in December and wondering what the weather will be like? I'm sure this will sound very naive but we are coming from a cold climate (Pittsburgh PA) and really looking for advice on what to pack etc.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 05:49 PM

Who knows these days what the weather will be like in December?
Sometimes it's rainy, overcast and chilly. Othertimes it can be pretty warm and dry.

It also depends to some extent on where in Jamaica you will be.

My advice would be to just keep following the weather the closer you get to your departure date.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 06:38 AM

Relative to Pittsburgh, it will be very warm in Jamaica in December. You might or might not see rain (depending on where you go), but expect highs in the 80s and lows in the 70s and warm water. Temperature-wise, this is a nice time to be in the Caribbean.
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 05:40 AM

I have been to Negril for New Year's Eve and the following week many years and have always had great weather. I'm sure that it is possible that you may experience a cool day, but compared to Pittsburgh, you will be in heaven. The ocean has always been warm enough to swim in and the temps are usually in the 80's. I would take a light sweater or long sleeved shirt to wear in the evenings in case it is breezy. Last year I never wore anything heavier than a t-shirt. In Negril, it is extremely casual.
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 09:04 AM

I was in Jamaica last December (and January) I'm near you in the US. It was 80s during the day. It did rain a few times, but never anything much. Rain for 30 minutes or so in the afternoon is common.

I wore a fleece pullover to the airport then packed it in my bag once i got inside the airport. Didn't need any jacket or sweatshirt in Jamaica at all. Surprise was when I got home and had to dig out of about a foot of snow to get into my car at the long term parking lot!!