Jamaica All Inclusive - Honeymoon in June!

Mar 10th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Jamaica All Inclusive - Honeymoon in June!

Hi, I've been doing research on several AI Resorts in Jamaica the last couple weeks and would love to get some opinions on the best resorts. Here is a little background:

1. 12 Day Honeymoon starting on June 27, 2011
2. $7-8K budget, including airfare (live near Cincinnati, OH)
3. Looking for great beach & pool, relaxing, couples only
4. Good food and adult drinks (swim up bar)
5. Younger, honeymoon crowd (we are 25 & 29)
6. Prefer good snorkeling and activities if possible

There are a lot of Secrets, Sandals and Couples resorts in Jamaica and would appreciate some recommendations for which resort we should choose. Thanks for the help!
Mar 10th, 2011, 08:15 AM

No trying to be a downer, but I do not think these are the best places to stay. If you must go to Jamaica, try the Cliffs in Negril. I myself am not a fan of Jamaica, due to the fact that you just can't leave the compound. I wish you nothing but the best for your honeymoon!!!
Mar 10th, 2011, 08:56 AM

Somewhere in Negril!!It's an incredibly beautiful area (90 mins. from the Montego Bay airport). Either on the beautiful 7-mile beach or even better the romantic hotels and resorts up on the Cliffs.

I disagree with the statement above that . That most most certainly is not true in Negril.
Mar 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM
KVR

You can most definatly leave an AI resort in Negril, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. People who make comments about such should actually vacation their first to know the real facts before commenting.

Now, I do agree that Jamaica deserves more caution than some other Islands, but I would whole heartly suggest to get off your AI resort and see Jamaica. It's beautiful and worth seeing.

If you want a couples only AI resort, then the cliffs area in Negril is not what you are looking for.

Secrets is in Montego Bay. That area is close to the airport and busy/partish. However, Secrets is a great resort chain. They get great reviews in Mexico.

Most people recommend and head to Negril. It's quite and a great area with a good vibe. I would recommend Couples Negril on Bloody Bay. However, look at Sunset at the Palms. A very good hotel that caters to honeymooners. Their beach is across the street next to the RIU Tropical Bay, but when we saw it, didn't think it was a big deal.

In Ocho Rios, I would say the newly opened Jewel Dunns River that was formally a Sandals resort or Couples Tower Island.

In Jamaica, for an AI couples only Honeymoon, any of the Couples resorts will be a good choice.

The Sandals in Jamaica are the first ones opened in that chain and are in great need of refurbishing. Not a place I would spend my hard earned money. Their bochures and advertisments are complete misrepresentions. (That my opinion based on 2 Sandals stays) However, Sandals Whitehouse outside of Negril is relativley new and redone due to many issues and gets the best reviews of any of their properties in Jamaica. It sits in the middle of nowhere, so you'll need a taxi or tour to see anything off the property.

Read the reviews and check out the pictures on Trip Advisor for the hotels you are interested in also. Weloved Negril and have future plans for Ocho Rios.
Mar 11th, 2011, 05:52 AM

I don't stay at resorts, but, did spend a wonderful week in Negril this past November. While there, we walked the length of 7 Mile Beach, wandered past Couples Swept Away. Low rise, lots of space, looked nice. The biggest plus would be easy access to the rest of Negril beach, with all its great restaurants and entertainment.

I'd also recommend taking a few days and changing hotels to one of the lovely small (though not all inclusive) properties on the Cliffs. Great restaurants in close proximity.
Mar 12th, 2011, 11:07 AM

We've done the Sandals a few times - 6 to be exact. They have some fun things to do i.e. pool volleyball, poolside games, disco (still big in Jamaica) good spa treatments, staff and guest talent shows, etc. They have discount days where you can buy t-shirts, trinket boxes, artwork- many items. Our last Sandals trip was to Whitehouse. Delectable food and a heavenly pastry shop. They call it "The Jewel of Jamaica's South Coast". And it is. Huge pool with a swim-up bar! The only thing is that in high season, there were some younger couples, but I would say many in their 40's. I'm guessing though that in June that would change. So many people get married in June, that it may be full of honeymooners!
Mar 12th, 2011, 02:10 PM

Check out lemer luxury villas. The place is perfect for honeymoon since you're looking for relaxation and a great pool. Sunset is beautiful - you can watch it right from the balcony of the villas plus stunning ocean view that greets you when you wake up in the morning.

Contact Coleman and Karen (the owners) - Karen cooks really great Jamaican foods (we love her curry goat!). Just tell them everything you need (arrange for offsite expedition, snorkel, specific meal to cook, etc) and they make it available for you. See photos and pictures here: http://lemerluxuryvillas.com/

I can give you their contact number or you can email them through their website. The couple is great!
Mar 14th, 2011, 02:53 AM

Great choice! I'd say Negril, Jamaica is one of the top ten honeymoon destinations as Jamaica beaches are awesome and there are many all inclusive romantic resorts for honeymooners such as Hedonism II, Sandals Negril and Sunset at the Palms
have a look at this map, if you're looking for the beachfront resorts and hotels of all budgets, Agoda is the booking agent and I'm sure you'll be finding the all inclusive resort in Jamaica.
http://www.beaches.com/general/resorts.cfm
http://www.thebeachfrontclub.com/bea...bbean/jamaica/

Have a lovely honeymoon.
Mar 25th, 2011, 05:10 PM

we've been to couples swept away twice,sansouci once,couples ocho rios(tower isle now)once.all very nice,but swept away is the best location so it gets my vote. check couples website for specials on tues night for wed only deals. sunset catamaran cruise,snorkeling,scuba,airport transfers all included.
Mar 25th, 2011, 05:16 PM

oh no! you can't leave the compound????? i really wish someone would've told me that 8 trips ago!!! nonsense...
Mar 26th, 2011, 04:44 AM

I would choose one of the lovely, small non AI places in Negril, right on the beach. And then for a few days, maybe splurge at THE CAVES, a very romantic and beautiful resort on the cliffs.

Some places to look at: Coco La Palm ( jr, suites on upper floors), Idle Awhile ( just next door and a bit more upscale- has nice 1-bed units with small kitchen), Charela Inn ( a few blocks down from both Coco and Idle ( appeals to more international crowd, still on best part of the beach.)
Mar 26th, 2011, 01:22 PM

Look into the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. It's an adults only luxury all inclusive.