Search

Jake's

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jake's

Any recent reviews of Jake's, where we are headed next week and staying in one of the Octopussy villas, which I was told are their best villas. Thanks for any reviews and info you can share, including area attractions.

We also intend to spend a half-day prior to departure visiting Kingston since I like to spend time in different cities. Any recommendations beyond Bob Marley museum. Thanks again,
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 10:10 AM

Check out tripadvisor.com
Have seen recent reviews that they are kinda over-priced for what you get, but haven't been there so couldn't say.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 12:07 PM

Go to treasurebeach.net the community Web site and search the archives for a full spectrum of opinion on Jakes.
The 3 new Octopussy units are 2-story cottages, not villas. Pelican Bar/Black River via boat is the most popular day trip. Unless you're a rabid Marley fan, the museum will be a disappointment and the ride from TB is a long one. Devon House, Norma's, Redbones in Kingston and if your're an archaeology/history buff, the sleepy ruins of the old Port Royale might be of interest.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. We are departing from Kingston so we need to make the drive from Treasure Beach to Kingston no matter how long, and I thought if I got to Kingston an hour or so early, I'd get a chance to explore. We are not making a special trip to Kingston.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 11:09 PM

It's a 3+ hour drive from TB to Kingston so for just an hour or so, you're pretty limited for ambling about
(airport is outside the city) tho Port Royale is on same peninsula as airport.
If you're doing transfers with Treasure Tours in Treasure Beach -- and recommend you do -- ask
Rebecca what might match your interests in Kingston that can be done fast. It's a big, tough city where wandering around on your own isn't wise.