Jack Tar Village????

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 08:31 AM
Milli Welsh

Jack Tar Village????

has anyone stayed at Montego Bay

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 11:15 AM
DIXIE

Never Jack Tar but just returned from 3 nights at Sunset Beach, should be close to the same price. Sunset was great fun, good beach and pools. The rooms were nice and clean. Great nightlife, try it! We dropped people off at Jack Tar from the airport, didn't look as nice at Sunset but you can never tell from the outside.

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 06:07 PM
cinnci

Was at Sunset many many years ago. Do they still use sharks teeth as currency or has new ownership changed that

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 08:22 AM
Norma

I went 1 1/2 yrs ago and had a good time. You get what you pay for and make it what you want. Good beach, small pool and decent buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Resort just taken over by another company so may change. The Staff was very attentive and took care of our needs with a smile. Not the fanciest place in MObay but not the worst. A good value for your money. Night life is lame, so plan on going off site or walk on the beach with your loved one.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Jennifer

Check out this site ... <BR>wheretostay.com and you will find some great recommendations as well as comments regarding resorts in Jamaica and other carribean islands.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 08:39 PM
Jennifer

I am going to Jack Tar Jul 1 - 5 and will let you know how it is. From what I understand Allegro just aquired some of the Jack Tar Villages about a year ago and has done some major remodeling.<BR>I have several friends that have stayed at allegro and all had good experiences.